Patrick, homeless guy outside Asda

No one asks for money unless they need it. The sad thing is that a lot goes on drugs and alcohol. These people need infrastructure. A bed and a second chance.

Some of these people already have that infrastructure, and have shelter, a second chance, and receive universal credit. Therefore I don't think they need to beg for money and I think it's immoral that they do when it diverts money away from people who don't have a roof over their heads.

Wearing all the latest gear one asked me for a fiver to get the bus to Ancoats, I was outside Marks & Spencers. I said " Since when has it cost £5.00 to Ancoats? walk you cnut, you live closer to to town than me" . "Oh you from around here? Forget it then" he said.

Patrick had been outside the Asda for every game over the past few seasons, come rain, shine, sleet or snow. As I mentioned last time he had taken quite a bad beating. Last night he wasn’t on his patch which was a bit upsetting as we were hoping he would be there, recovered and back to his old self.

Will see if he turns up on Saturday, if he’s not there does anyone know how we could enquire about his welfare? We’re concerned about him, he’s become part of our match day experience, always have a chat with him and leave him with a bit of money and a smile, thanks if anyone can help.

Sad to hear.

Don't know if it's the same guy but when I was at that Asda, a beggar asked me for change so he could get the bus to Victoria Avenue but I was going that way anyway so I told him to get in the car and I'd drop him off. It was clearly bollocks because the guy was very reluctant to get in and when he did, he wanted to get out after 30 seconds. I kind of wish I would have put the child locks on now just to shit him up a bit but you can't get away with that these days.
Nice.

Patrick had been outside the Asda for every game over the past few seasons, come rain, shine, sleet or snow. As I mentioned last time he had taken quite a bad beating. Last night he wasn’t on his patch which was a bit upsetting as we were hoping he would be there, recovered and back to his old self.

Will see if he turns up on Saturday, if he’s not there does anyone know how we could enquire about his welfare? We’re concerned about him, he’s become part of our match day experience, always have a chat with him and leave him with a bit of money and a smile, thanks if anyone can help.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.