Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much chance of that happening with the likes of Sane, Sterling and Gabriel Jesus at the club and with Bernardo Silva being added to the squad. Not to mention of the possibility of Alexis Sanchez being signed.

Well stick a 25m price tag on him that will get rid of the majority of them?! They probably all want him on loan anyway
Exactly we don't have to sell, he's one for the future, loan him out in a better league and in the meantime stick a £30m price tag on him to stop clubs angling to get him on the cheap like we don't know how good he is. He's a future England international, with a rare amount of flair/skill for his age and he's already got CL experience... why do people think we are dumb enough to not at least double the full amount we paid for him(it will go up to £12m)? He's at least doubled his value in the last season, we aren't a charity and if he does make good on all that potential he has then we want him at City not anywhere else.

Jesus can play on the right. Sane played on the Right at Shalke. Sanchez can play on the right. You are talking 20 appearances for our 6th attacker? That is insane. The math simply does not work.

If you divided the starts for those three up evenly that is 27 starts per player across all competitions. Not nearly enough for Jesus, Sane, Aguero, and Sanchez. If you give each of them 6-7 more starts which still leaves them LOW you have Sterling at 27 (really low) and Roberts at 0.

So if we are now talking about 20 appearances from the bench where he comes on for 10-20 minutes. You are literally saying we should keep him and play him for roughly 300 minutes (or the equivalent of less than 4 complete games).
We're gonna have to agree to disagree. I think a little over 2400 minutes is plenty in a season, Sterling played TOO much in my opinion playing over 3000 minutes and it would have been useful to rotate him more regularly.

You can even give Roberts like 1800-2000 minutes which I think is fine, and give the rest to Sanchez so he'll get like 2900-3000 minutes.

You also have to consider injuries and such, like if Aguero gets injured we can't rely on Jesus playing striker for the rest of the season, most likely Sanchez will rotate with him, this frees up minutes elsewhere.

B Silva is really the main argument against keeping Roberts, which I understand, but the minutes without B Silva shows Roberts for sure can get plenty of game time.

Alexis Sanchez (or more of a long shot, Mbappe) signing kills off any chances Patrick Roberts is likely to get.

Last edited:
We're gonna have to agree to disagree. I think a little over 2400 minutes is plenty in a season, Sterling played TOO much in my opinion playing over 3000 minutes and it would have been useful to rotate him more regularly.

You can even give Roberts like 1800-2000 minutes which I think is fine, and give the rest to Sanchez so he'll get like 2900-3000 minutes.

You also have to consider injuries and such, like if Aguero gets injured we can't rely on Jesus playing striker for the rest of the season, most likely Sanchez will rotate with him, this frees up minutes elsewhere.

B Silva is really the main argument against keeping Roberts, which I understand, but the minutes without B Silva shows Roberts for sure can get plenty of game time.

Yeah we will disagree because the idea that Sanchez would be content with 33 games out of 55 is nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.