Patrick Vieira, future City manager.

Everybody has to start somewhere and I think the EDS is a good starting point. In my opinion, I don't think he would of got the gig unless those at the top didn't think that he was up to the task.

Obviously time will tell but he has got to be better than Lombardo.

kippax81 said:
Everybody has to start somewhere and I think the EDS is a good starting point. In my opinion, I don't think he would of got the gig unless those at the top didn't think that he was up to the task.

Obviously time will tell but he has got to be better than Lombardo.
Well i think he will be an improvement on Lombardo thats for sure.

thing is, the manager's role is changing, tactics pre-ordained by the 'ethos' of the club same with transfer targets being a result of inputs from the manager and the barca boys. Communication skills, and motivational personality are crucial ( they always were)but more than ever before. if Paddy has those attributes and can accept being part of a management team, good luck to him. Awesome player, great leader, been there and done the lot. Still no guarantee though.

adrianr said:
Rammyblues said:
Following the Barca model he should be City manager within 5 -10 years.

Pep was actually only in charge of Barca B for a year before getting the main job, but then it's a different set up there. We still have a lot more to do to get City to the level Barca were at when Pep took over. And finding our own Messi wouldn't be a bad idea.
There again, we could be in a MESSI........

SupermanUnderpants said:
I was just thinking of posting something like this.

Pats another legend of football, took no shit on the pitch as a player and a wonderful talent. As a teenager I was a big admirer of his game, his attitude, the guy was immense in his prime. I remember him being way too explosive as a younger player, he could get angry quick. Over a few seasons he went from that to one of the best talents in world football imo. The battles between him and Keane ffs were brilliant

I really hope can pass on all his knowledge and work ethic to our youth. I'm hoping for big things with Pat.

Let's hope he turns out to be a better manager than Keane if there's anything in it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.