Patrick Viera - really starting to look the part

I watched the game on telly, when he came out for the 2nd half my telly almost went through the window onto the drive. I come on here for some informed opinion from you people lucky enough to go to the match and come across a post like this! I may as well just read the write up in the fookin daily mirror.

I thought against Fulham that Vieira was starting to look the part, but after last nights showing its pretty obvious that he will only ever be a shadow of the player he was at his peak.
The opposition were drifting past him as if he wasnt there, unable to get close enough to them to put in a tackle.
His passing was ok at times and woeful at others.
And I didnt see any great leadership from him when we were struggling in the first half - I guess its hard to have a pop at others when you know they are carrying you.
A poor signing all told. I hope Mancini doesnt feel that he has to play him because he signed him...

GaudinoMotors said:
I don't know who to believe!

Mancini - Italian International - Numerous honours and medals obviously rates him highly.
Gary Speed who I spoke to after the game and thought Vierra added control, calm and vision

or you lot?

If a young player had played as little as Vierra or had come over from a slower league - I think people would be more understanding of the few misplaced passes towards the end.
He got another good 90 mins in last night and thought he did ok.

I think he has a part to play, coming on for the last 20 mins to calm a game down but last night he was so far off the pace, a few nice passes doesn't cover for that imo.

I actually agree with the OP. Viera organises our midfield far better than barry or de jong. He gets back and covers and provides some excellent passes, think he will do a great job for us.

without a dream said:
GaudinoMotors said:
I don't know who to believe!

Mancini - Italian International - Numerous honours and medals obviously rates him highly.
Gary Speed who I spoke to after the game and thought Vierra added control, calm and vision

or you lot?

If a young player had played as little as Vierra or had come over from a slower league - I think people would be more understanding of the few misplaced passes towards the end.
He got another good 90 mins in last night and thought he did ok.

I think he has a part to play, coming on for the last 20 mins to calm a game down but last night he was so far off the pace, a few nice passes doesn't cover for that imo.
Does a few Hollywood tackles from De Jong cover up the fact that he didn't pressure Wigan at all and dragged the midfield so far back that Given nearly had to watch his toes didn't get stepped on!

he was absoloutely crap he did not win one tackle all night and did not seem interested. he should be on his way and never pull on a blue shirt again for us. i would not pay him in washers. its becoming apparent we need to get rid of quite a few to be considered real challengers. swp being one which i thought i would never say, toure, vierra, santa cruz, garrido, sylvinho, richards, taylor,. we should be building the team round given, barry,johnson,tevez , bellamy, de jong, kompany fill in the rest of the blanks as u see fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.