Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Juve's perspective, getting players like Verratti and, let's say, Draxler in for the money they get from Pogba would be smart business in my opinion. Trouble for them is, they hardly stand a chance for Verratti, given where he's playing now.
Verratti isn't really a Pogba replacement though, they're completely different types of players. I guess the fact that Verratti is a diehard Juve fan would help, but I suspect that the window of opportunity for Juve to sign Verratti has gone.

In reference to the previous comment, a word of warning - an English-language Juve forum isn't really a Juve forum at all. Nobody on any of the genuine Juve forums (vecchiasignora.com being the most popular) would even contemplate saying that Pogba is crap, because he is very clearly a sensational player.

People are mental to think that Pogba to the gobshites is going to happen. In much the same way they were convinced Pep was heading in their direction I'm happy for them to believe they've got a chance. The tears when it doesn't materialise are delicious and serve as a timely reminder to them that they are way down the pecking order for the top talent.

Verratti isn't really a Pogba replacement though, they're completely different types of players. I guess the fact that Verratti is a diehard Juve fan would help, but I suspect that the window of opportunity for Juve to sign Verratti has gone.

Hey, I might be a simpleton but I'm not that blind. :)

I know that Verratti plays a completely different game than Pogba, but you could make a case that an addition of Verratti and Draxler (who again is just an example, though they wanted him last year) could make an even bigger contribution to this Juve side. Pogba is brilliant and one of the biggest gamechangers today, given his dribbling, crossing and shooting skills, but with him it's more like you get 10-20 minutes when he's absolutely unbeatable and the rest seems a bit average.

The named duo, at least in theory, could provid more balance with the same creative force. So, all I was going to say, I think from Juve's point of view, this is a very comfortable situation, especially that they seem to know what they are doing regarding their transfer business (see the Tevez-Dybala change, or how they were able to suit ther playing style after Pirlo and Vidal left).

Easy, because they are out of the cl they have to offer (i would assume) a better financial package so in short...money i would assume.

Surely it's nothing we can't match, perhaps we don't see the worth in spending the money it will cost.

Surely it's nothing we can't match, perhaps we don't see the worth in spending the money it will cost.

This is my guess and if so i am fine with that. Unt are in a position where that may have to take it with no lube if they want any chance of a solid squad across the board.
I reckon we could meet the numbers yeah but like you say do not see it as something we would be wanting to get tied up in.

Hey, I might be a simpleton but I'm not that blind. :)

I know that Verratti plays a completely different game than Pogba, but you could make a case that an addition of Verratti and Draxler (who again is just an example, though they wanted him last year) could make an even bigger contribution to this Juve side. Pogba is brilliant and one of the biggest gamechangers today, given his dribbling, crossing and shooting skills, but with him it's more like you get 10-20 minutes when he's absolutely unbeatable and the rest seems a bit average.

The named duo, at least in theory, could provid more balance with the same creative force. So, all I was going to say, I think from Juve's point of view, this is a very comfortable situation, especially that they seem to know what they are doing regarding their transfer business (see the Tevez-Dybala change, or how they were able to suit ther playing style after Pirlo and Vidal left).
I don't think you're a simpleton at all :)

You can definitely make that case regarding Verratti and Draxler (or equivalent players). I personally disagree for the simple reason that Juve already have two very, very good players in Marchisio and Pjanic carrying out the Verratti role at the moment (at least at present), so getting Verratti in wouldn't be that big an upgrade, whereas finding a player who does what Pogba does for Juve would be more difficult. But if Pogba were to leave, Juve would need to adapt in some way, and what you are suggesting could be one of the better solutions.

I also disagree with the idea that with Pogba you get 10-20 minutes when he's unbeatable and 70 where he's average, but that seems to be a popular idea, for reasons which I struggle to understand, especially on a Man City forum given that he was comfortably the best player on either side in the matches between Juve and City when they met in the CL.

I also disagree with the idea that with Pogba you get 10-20 minutes when he's unbeatable and 70 where he's average, but that seems to be a popular idea, for reasons which I struggle to understand, especially on a Man City forum given that he was comfortably the best player on either side in the matches between Juve and City when they met in the CL.

I actually forgot about the Pjanic signing. :) An ideal player for a midfield three, that's for sure.

Yes, he was of course brilliant against City, but still, even if they'd be available for the same price in some fantasy world, then I'd rather splash the cash on Kroos, who just gives you almost total control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.