Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really can't believe any city fan would want this that anywhere near our team.
Taggart got rid of him cos he's a bad apple.
He's got talent but he's a lazy prick who's only interested in his hair cut and Instagram.
Might aswell sign shinguard aswell.

I've always seen Pogba as a potential Yaya. He's got incredible ability but his size makes him difficult to deal with. He's not going to be quick over 5yds but let him get going and you're going to struggle to keep up and certainly won't be able to push him off the ball. He's also able to keep the ball away from you with long arms and legs.

He's also got that ability to change a match. He did it to us when we could have won the league against them, just as Yaya did many times and as KdB does now, where they almost get fed up with everyone else not being good enough and suddenly make it look like they're playing against children as they stride across the pitch. Unfortunately, like Yaya, there will be times he'll be a passenger and I'm surprised that's something Pep would accept, but if he's keen, then that's more than good enough for me.

I do wonder about where he'd fit in and the impact, but assuming a midfield 3, currently first choice would be Rodri with KdB and Bernardo. Whilst I can't imagine wanting to bench one of those last two for him, a successful team will play about 60 games a season. Add Pogba in and each starts about 40 games a season. Maybe that would mean KdB could manage more than 70 minutes. Still think a proper back to Rodri is more critical, but I can see how it could work, especially if Gundogan is looking to move on to somewhere he could manage his injuries more easily.

People are bigging up his performances for France, but I'm sure I remember that the goal that cost them at the Euros involved Pogba giving away possession and then tracking back with all the intensity of a sleep-deprived tortoise. I know he scored a thundercunt as well, but if that's him at his best then I simply don't think he's a City player. He screams PSG, all talent with no grit, all highlights with no consistency.
This is the issue for me. He's technically very gifted but i don't think he'd work in our system. Whether he's playing deep or further forward (and he has attributes that are important in both areas) I just don't think he has the movement and dynamism over 90 mins (he can do it it in patches) that we'd be demanding. I'd be delighted to be proved wrong, but I fear if he came to us we'd end up being hugely frustrated by him.

Yes he did. Egomaniac running wild

So if you take out the words Rolls Royce from this story…

You’ve got a player asking if he can go home direct from the stadium, and a manager saying “No! You have to sit on the bus all the way to old Trafford and then drive all the way home from there”.

Is that an egomaniac? Or just someone trying to get home early to see his kids or wife or whatever?

Who is image obsessed, the player? Or the manager who says he can do it but 10 minutes down the road?

It’s also worth pointing out Mourinho has a habit of lying in his anecdotes to make them “better” stories. He tells one about Balotelli getting sent off immediately after he tells him not to, except it’s more fiction than fact.

I tend to agree with Damo. I can think of few players I’d want here less just as a fan. It worries me that Pep thinks somehow this man will change his stripes, which we’ve seen demonstrated over and over — he doesn’t work hard off the ball. I struggle to see exactly what job he does or can do that other options couldn’t. Years ago I thought he was the next Yaya Toure and desperately wanted him but that ship has sailed in terms of the style we play.

But I’m a stupid Yank fan, and Pep is a genius and one of the greatest ever. Whose view should we trust? Pep’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.