Pedro Neto

Mahrez is the most underrated City player of modern times imo. He was bashed because many saw him as soft & lazy because he wasn't the type to be covering Bernardo size distances, & constantly crunching into tackles like Fernandinho.

It takes all sorts to make a winning formula. We needed a mixture of artists & water carriers. Luckily for City, we had several artists who could also carry water, but significant water carrying wasn't Marez's game.

What he lacked in Bernardo levels of physical output & Fernandinho-like defensive capabilities, he more than made up for in assists & goals, which when analysed puts him as one of City's most effective players in our recent history.

We need to put some respect to his name. I doubt he'll get a statue or a tiled mural, but the very least he deserves is our enduring recognition & appreciation of what a fantastic player he was for City.
I see your Mahrez and I raise you a Laporte. Hugely undervalued also.

Mahrez is the most underrated City player of modern times imo. He was bashed because many saw him as soft & lazy because he wasn't the type to be covering Bernardo size distances, & constantly crunching into tackles like Fernandinho.

It takes all sorts to make a winning formula. We needed a mixture of artists & water carriers. Luckily for City, we had several artists who could also carry water, but significant water carrying wasn't Marez's game.

What he lacked in Bernardo levels of physical output & Fernandinho-like defensive capabilities, he more than made up for in assists & goals, which when analysed puts him as one of City's most effective players in our recent history.

We need to put some respect to his name. I doubt he'll get a statue or a tiled mural, but the very least he deserves is our enduring recognition & appreciation of what a fantastic player he was for City.
Couldn't agree more, Mahrez was class for us.

He also had the best first touch I've ever seen, a pure artist on the ball.

Mahrez was frustrating at times but I'd have no doubt we'd be top if he was still here.
That’s the whole point of what I was saying. We need more players who are world class and will challenge the best 11. We have not bought those types of players last summer. A bit weird when we lost 2 world class and bought what I would call squad players

I see your Mahrez and I raise you a Laporte. Hugely undervalued also.

A shame for Laporte because that wasn’t always the case. He was generally lauded on here as the best CB in the league if you go back a few years, and his knee injury the reason for our collapse in the 19-20 season.

Maybe he wasn’t the same after that & lost his spot the season after to Stones/Dias. But he had a huge hand to play in our titles in 2019 and 2022 especially.

In the last few years we have brought in potential top, top tier players at a young age. Gvardiol, Alvarez, Doku and, soon, Echeverri. We could have waited a couple of extra seasons and paid tenfold what they cost (maybe not quite tenfold in the case of Gvardiol). Is it best to buy players who are almost there or players at their peak and thus pek fees?
Also, who exactly could we sign who walks straight into our starting eleven. Not sure I can think of too many, worldwide, who do.

In the last few years we have brought in potential top, top tier players at a young age. Gvardiol, Alvarez, Doku and, soon, Echeverri. We could have waited a couple of extra seasons and paid tenfold what they cost (maybe not quite tenfold in the case of Gvardiol). Is it best to buy players who are almost there or players at their peak and thus pek fees?
Also, who exactly could we sign who walks straight into our starting eleven. Not sure I can think of too many, worldwide, who do.
Doku wasn't cheap either

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.