Peel Tower & Holcombe Moor

Anyone been up here recently? Planning to go up from Ramsbottom, via Peel Tower & across Holcombe Moor tomorrow.
Just wondering if there's a clear path & how muddy it might be?
I went up that way last year. From Rammy to Peel Tower is mainly paved but it's a bit more rustic and boggy once you pass the tower and head over Holcombe.

Did you know that policemen were originally nicknamed Peelers after Sir Robert Peel who founded The Metropolitan Police force.
And sometimes they were known as Bobby's Boys,hence the more well known nickname of Bobbies.
Did you know Buzzcocks posed for the picture of their seminal debut EP Spiral Scratch at the base of the statue of Robert Peel on the edge of Piccadilly Gardens?

Is it still a thing to walk up to the tower on Good Friday ? Did it regular as kids, wouldn't get passed the Shoulder of Mutton nowadays.

Is it still a thing to walk up to the tower on Good Friday ? Did it regular as kids, wouldn't get passed the Shoulder of Mutton nowadays.
They still do it. My Ramsbottom correspondent tells me that a lot of the pubs stay closed nowadays due the "outsiders" and local douche bags causing trouble.

They still do it. My Ramsbottom correspondent tells me that a lot of the pubs stay closed nowadays due the "outsiders" and local douche bags causing trouble.

Never liked the Hare & Hounds, was always rammed with the young uns. They would take a lot of money on those Good Friday but sounds like its not worth the hassle anymore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.