End of Season Party vs Arsenal?!

The thing is with the injuries and others coming in and not doing the job of the better players ahead of them in the squad; this bloke hasn't helped the team or those individuals and has just thrown them in there at times with no perpetration on their strengths towards our team or the opposition.

Knowing Demochelis' legs have gone, how many times did this bloke just throw him into our back four and say "fuck your legs pal, just play in a high line and struggle like fuck and look like a twat, I don't care"? (he obviously didn't say that with words but he may as well due to the actions of just throwing Demi in there as he did). With Demichelis you have to adopt different tactics or we'd get mullered in the back four...knowing Yaya's legs have gone how many times did he ask him to play in a midfield two with the also immobile Fernando against 3 opposition centre mids and make Yaya look like a lazy ****?(Yaya isn't lazy but this bloke just hangs Yaya out to dry)...how many times has Delph been asked to play on the left?...why has Kun been the loneliest man in football when Nasri and de Bruyne have been out when we have Iheanacho to partner him or MGarcia to add some attacking midfield play only for neither of them to be anywhere near the team?...

He's shown utter negligence at times!

Concentrate on the CL by all means but don't make complete fuck ups time and time again in the league just through sheer laziness and this infuriating blasé attitude he has because he can't be arsed working hard week-in-week out, day-in-day-out. I say this because he's apparently worked hard on tactics and formations and personnel in the CL so it's nothing but negligence in the Prem and for that I will never respect the man.

I have different importances with the different aspects to my job. I have to concentrate on some things in a helm of a lot more detail than others but if I showed the negligence towards my other job aspects that this bloke has to many Premier League games I'd be performance managed out of the organisation in weeks.
Great post.

The thing is with the injuries and others coming in and not doing the job of the better players ahead of them in the squad; this bloke hasn't helped the team or those individuals and has just thrown them in there at times with no perpetration on their strengths towards our team or the opposition.

Knowing Demochelis' legs have gone, how many times did this bloke just throw him into our back four and say "fuck your legs pal, just play in a high line and struggle like fuck and look like a twat, I don't care"? (he obviously didn't say that with words but he may as well due to the actions of just throwing Demi in there as he did). With Demichelis you have to adopt different tactics or we'd get mullered in the back four...knowing Yaya's legs have gone how many times did he ask him to play in a midfield two with the also immobile Fernando against 3 opposition centre mids and make Yaya look like a lazy ****?(Yaya isn't lazy but this bloke just hangs Yaya out to dry)...how many times has Delph been asked to play on the left?...why has Kun been the loneliest man in football when Nasri and de Bruyne have been out when we have Iheanacho to partner him or MGarcia to add some attacking midfield play only for neither of them to be anywhere near the team?...

He's shown utter negligence at times!

Concentrate on the CL by all means but don't make complete fuck ups time and time again in the league just through sheer laziness and this infuriating blasé attitude he has because he can't be arsed working hard week-in-week out, day-in-day-out. I say this because he's apparently worked hard on tactics and formations and personnel in the CL so it's nothing but negligence in the Prem and for that I will never respect the man.

I have different importances with the different aspects to my job. I have to concentrate on some things in a helm of a lot more detail than others but if I showed the negligence towards my other job aspects that this bloke has to many Premier League games I'd be performance managed out of the organisation in weeks.

There is without a doubt an element of truth in all you have just said although I dont agree with it all.

That said, he has got enough wrong to warrant getting the sack and that's all that matters really.

I'm his biggest fan but even I would be saying time to go if he wasn't already.

What I do object too is the line that everything is his fault, everyone has regressed, we won what we have won despite him and that he is a useless clown etc.

That isnt aimed at you btw mate.

There is without a doubt an element of truth in all you have just said although I dont agree with it all.

That said, he has got enough wrong to warrant getting the sack and that's all that matters really.

I'm his biggest fan but even I would be saying time to go if he wasn't already.

What I do object too is the line that everything is his fault, everyone has regressed, we won what we have won despite him and that he is a useless clown etc.

That isnt aimed at you btw mate.
That's a good point and I added a fair bit in the Txiki thread a while back where I said a few times that I'm scratching my head at what he's done to our squad and that we've underachieved in three of his four seasons in his job and I fail to see what positives he brings to our club. And the players are certainly to blame too, but they are all very unfit (down to the manager) and lack direction in a serious way so I blame them less than the manager or Begiristain.

In fairness Pellegrini has regularly messed around with the back 4 even when they were all fit, especially last season.
In fairness Pellegrini has regularly messed around with the back 4 even when they were all fit, especially last season.
How can that be true when Mancini arrived and turned the defence solid and organised pretty much overnight ? We had a well drilled defence, now we look like fooking mush. It's got so bad I shut my eyes when the opposition break
if you look at the stars, Mancini conceed
How can that be true when Mancini arrived and turned the defence solid and organised pretty much overnight ? We had a well drilled defence, now we look like fooking mush. It's got so bad I shut my eyes when the opposition break
look at the numbers, goals conceded per game under Bobby, liked him, 0.84/game, goals scored per game 1.92/game. Pell, like him, goals conceded 1/game, goals scored 2.26/game. Given how many tanking we've had, that must mean we've been pretty tight in the main under pell.
Anyway back to my point, under pell you are 0.16 more likely to concede, that's 1 extra goal in 6 games, but 0.3 more likely to see us score a goal, that's an extra goal every 3 games. Therefore pell is twice as likely to have you jumping off your seat with a hoorah than putting your head in your hands thinking what the fuck. Now I know this is all bollocks, but true, but so is the comparison to mancini's team. Been shit this year we all know that, many reasons, but top 4 and a chance of final with big ears going in the cabinet, well fuck me if that's a bad year.

That's a good point and I added a fair bit in the Txiki thread a while back where I said a few times that I'm scratching my head at what he's done to our squad and that we've underachieved in three of his four seasons in his job and I fail to see what positives he brings to our club. And the players are certainly to blame too, but they are all very unfit (down to the manager) and lack direction in a serious way so I blame them less than the manager or Begiristain.

Fitness, great point.

Are we unfit in that old legs, injuries and possibly a poor training regime are at fault or is it a mental attitude from the players just not wanting to put the hard yards in?

Im going for a bit of everything but without a doubt, we look leggy and half a yard off most sides these days although we are probably right at the top or near it for goals scored late on which flies in the face of that and suggests we can keep going right till the end.

Im going to trust my eyes though and agree that we are not as fit as we could be.

Fitness, great point.

Are we unfit in that old legs, injuries and possibly a poor training regime are at fault or is it a mental attitude from the players just not wanting to put the hard yards in?

Im going for a bit of everything but without a doubt, we look leggy and half a yard off most sides these days although we are probably right at the top or near it for goals scored late on which flies in the face of that and suggests we can keep going right till the end.

Im going to trust my eyes though and agree that we are not as fit as we could be.

We play "make the ball do the work" football rather than a lot of running around. These days you have to do both.

We play "make the ball do the work" football rather than a lot of running around. These days you have to do both.

Spot on. We dominated the ball under Bob and teams sat off and that carried on into the first season under Pellers.

Then it changed and the Pl has become a real physical test with teams now pressing all over and we have failed to cope and adapt and for me, its tactical, fitness, age, injuries and mental attitude that has let us down.

The manager has lost his job over it, players will go and we start again under Pep.

The fitness thing was a thread I raised a number of weeks back (after the Spurs game) as the stats highlighted a real difference in the amount of distance covered by the two sides.

We certainly do not cover the yards of other teams or seems as physically strong as the opponents we face.

Of course the latter could partly be down to targetting more technical players.

In relation to fitness you just wonder Pellers is up to date with the latest methods of training etc. From the outside it appears football is awash with young, hungry managers like Howe, Pocchetino, Guardiola, Simeone, Tuchel who are adopting different methods and there players seem much fitter than other sides. Within Pep confidential for example he laughed at the German players for going on runs as they could not adapt, initially, to this methods of training resulting in the required levels of fitness.

Maybe Pellers is not as innovative in his methods are as like anybody, with age,is more resistant to change. That is the only reason I can think as it seems a problem overall, rather than just one or two individuals.

Last edited:
You really think that I didn't realise that we would have Europa League football? Or d'you think I'm working on the basis if we do end up with Europa league football Pep will toss it off or use it as a tournament to play kids/squad players in and concentrate on storming the league?

Think the answer is fairly obvious.
........and your original point was?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.