Penalties - Fail to prepare, prepare to fail

Plain Speaking

If we want to win trophies we need to have better preparation for winning on penalties. The performance last night was embarrassing in the shootout.
Mignolet seemed to be studying pre-prepared notes indicating where are players were most likely to shoot. We were complaining about the end it was to be taken at.
Ideally we should have the most recent input from opposition's penalty practice for our goalies to study. When Moyes' rags went out of the cup to Sunderland they gave one of the worst team performances in a shoot out but VDG got them to score 5 from 5 in the recent shoot out with Roma.

Winning trophies gives prestige plus more fans and income. Please lets see better preparation for penalties in future.

We seem to do well enough in 90mins in cup competitions so I wouldn't worry too much

As a rule though, I think teams should practice penalties

Plain Speaking said:
If we want to win trophies we need to have better preparation for winning on penalties. The performance last night was embarrassing in the shootout.
Mignolet seemed to be studying pre-prepared notes indicating where are players were most likely to shoot. We were complaining about the end it was to be taken at.
Ideally we should have the most recent input from opposition's penalty practice for our goalies to study. When Moyes' rags went out of the cup to Sunderland they gave one of the worst team performances in a shoot out but VDG got them to score 5 from 5 in the recent shoot out with Roma.

Winning trophies gives prestige plus more fans and income. Please lets see better preparation for penalties in future.
enough-internet.gif

CtidBlueMooner said:
Flapper alert.
I seem to remember we did ok with penalties last season in matches THAT COUNTED. Think we also won a bit of silverware too.

hahaha flapper indeed. I think we planned well to miss those penalties and ensure we didn't get through to the final.

It was a friendly. The perfect time to take shit penalties so we don't make the same mistake in a competitive match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.