Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
For me our penalty performance matches quite well our general ability to convert goal chances. Should have scored many more goals already. Need to concentrate better and not be so sloppy.

Aguero - yeah hes missed a few, they all do. Just needs to reassess his technique and do a bit of pratice - he'll be good.
He'll score more than he misses. I hope they sort it out for when he isn't playing was previously Yaya but be happy with anyone with the cohones really.

Kun is a great player but he never gives out confidence when taking penalties - I don't like anyone who stutters as they run up, it seems they are waiting for the keeper to move rather than just being positive

This is my feeling as well, pick a spot run up hit it hard & confidently. If your good enough, try & either give the keeper the eyes or get your run up so that it is not obvious.

For those saying Kolarov, did he not put one in the second tier of the north stand a couple of years ago... Last minute. Cost me some money on a correct score bet as well!

This is my feeling as well, pick a spot run up hit it hard & confidently. If your good enough, try & either give the keeper the eyes or get your run up so that it is not obvious.

For those saying Kolarov, did he not put one in the second tier of the north stand a couple of years ago... Last minute. Cost me some money on a correct score bet as well!
Last season v Norwich?
For me the absolute best penalty takers are the likes of Mario and Yaya who seem to have the ability and confidence to keep their options open right to the very second they hit the ball which means often they are more or less able to roll the ball into an empty net. But they also have the ability where if the keeper doesn't move they can ping it in the corner.

Get Mario back

Didnt he miss one last week?

It seems that most penalty takers are supremely confident until they miss a couple and then struggle to re-discover the arrogance that they once had. Even Messi has problems nowadays.

I think Aguero's got the job for the forseeable future. If KDB had scored on Saturday then there might have been a case for giving him the job. But I dont see who else could do it. I dont think you can give the job to someone relatively advanced in their career. Its a role best taken on when still possessing the arrogance of youth.

Kelechi will probably get the job at some stage, but not until he's a regular starter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.