Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
It amazes me that we have a team of such technically gifted players yet we are so bad at penalties. I reckon we just ignore them in training as our keepers are just as bad on them. Yesterday was the worst keeper performance in a shoot out i have ever seen. He looked 2 feet tall, just stood there like a statue, no making himself look taller or trying to intimidate the Arsenal takers

I'm a big fan of Ortega, but I was not particularly impressed by his 'drop to one knee' technique.

I think we are worse off "saving pens" than scoring.

we more or like score just around xG average of a pen which is around 7.5 of 10. on average we score 15 goals from 20 pens.

but we should keep out (or opponents should miss the the target) about 5 times of 20 too but thats not the case. we save fuck all and they always on target almost. I think just for PL, CL Ederson conceded like 30 out of 33 pens or something like that. its a bad run for sure.

and imo if we have a pen shootout in March from go from last 16 to last 8 in CL, I think we would lose again as we aint scoring 5 of 5 but keep out nothing either and that feeling the keeper wont save a pen adds pressure for the takers.

its something to improve for us in trainings, before it costs us something much more important than a CS glorified friendly.

Argentina won the WC with 3 (?) won shootouts in a row.

Pep needs to show Ederson and Ortega how to jump properly and how to scare the takers. show them you jump left but then jump right unless the ball goes the other way, easy.:)
Whats Caballero up to these days. If he's still in the UK maybe we could recruit him as penalty saving coach. Throw in coaches apparently exist these days so its not that out there.

Might be an Arsenal fan but a fairly interesting thread, massive difference in time taken before striking the ball.

I can imagine Rodri took responsibility and wanted to take one but it is strange how he has a clean strike of the ball and opts to pass it instead on pens.

I doubt we practice them.

Whats Caballero up to these days. If he's still in the UK maybe we could recruit him as penalty saving coach. Throw in coaches apparently exist these days so its not that out there.
We mustn't have one of those! We’re the worst team in the league at taking throw-ins.

I reckon we turnover possession at the greatest percentage from throw-ins.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.