Pep’s next evolution

I loved his post match interview.
He was asked about bouncing back from the Arsenal defeat and he said HE got it wrong because he 'thought the spaces would be elsewhere on the pitch'.
That's a top, top level coach. HE got it wrong not the players. Ownership.

On Saturday I went to watch Queen of the South v Cove Rangers - always a different experience watching football at that level, a lot of effort making up for the lack of skill. But both team were using their goalkeepers to play the ball out of the box, trying to invite the press and then looking for the spaces in the midfield. It's amazing to see the influence Pep has had and the way he has changed football tactics for this generation. Where both teams fell down was that having beaten the press they would then launch a ball into the channels for the big lad up front to chase. Yet, the few time that they played shorter passes and used the midfield to overload were the moments they created their best chances - other than the goal - which was a hopeful punt into the box which hit one defender on the back, another on the knee and fell at the foot of the striker who put it in. Great Stuff!

I loved his post match interview.
He was asked about bouncing back from the Arsenal defeat and he said HE got it wrong because he 'thought the spaces would be elsewhere on the pitch'.
That's a top, top level coach. HE got it wrong not the players.
I think the way we play, which is players coached and given tactics to the absolute minutest point, pep has to hold his hands up on occasion.
If a players misses an open net then thats on the players.
If the players dont follow the instructions set out by pep or he gets wrong how the other team will set up, thats on pep.

We are very very lucky that not only does he seldom get it wrong but also the players we buy are intelligent enough to get peps plans

On Saturday I went to watch Queen of the South v Cove Rangers - always a different experience watching football at that level, a lot of effort making up for the lack of skill. But both team were using their goalkeepers to play the ball out of the box, trying to invite the press and then looking for the spaces in the midfield. It's amazing to see the influence Pep has had and the way he has changed football tactics for this generation. Where both teams fell down was that having beaten the press they would then launch a ball into the channels for the big lad up front to chase. Yet, the few time that they played shorter passes and used the midfield to overload were the moments they created their best chances - other than the goal - which was a hopeful punt into the box which hit one defender on the back, another on the knee and fell at the foot of the striker who put it in. Great Stuff!
My lads u9 teams league dont allow a big hoof from the goaly. The opposition have to retreat to their own half and the goaly and defence play it out.
Un heard of pre pep

Our team's next evolution is the hover football boot.
Our team will literally just glide around the pitch silky as, without touching the ground.
will be fun for awhile until new charges are added: "Disrespecting gravity" or "aggressive levitating"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.