Pep’s next evolution

I definitely think there will be a reversion to speedy and tricky wingers at some point who are clinical on the counter, now that we're playing exclusively with defensive minded fullbacks/converted centre halves.

Imagine one of them on either side in a fast transition with Foden up the middle and Erling bombing forward. It'd be a sight to behold.
I think that is what will be happening. Saw this tweet by data analyst for the athletic about Doku - very excited for young player he is highest in rankings.

Attachments

• IMG_2377.jpeg
    IMG_2377.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 19
The reason we went long is cuz they went man to man and didn't press Eddie. Was the same against arsenal and Brighton last season. And Leeds who got torn a new one.

I think the new evolution is in the physicality of our play
Exactly, dont listen to all the guff.

I think where we are headed is an ultimate shape shifting side that responds to the tactics of the opposition. Always deploying the most effective shape to maximise our superiority. To be fair that been coming in the last couple of seasons particularly since Haaland joined. We don’t just have plan B, we have a plan for every letter of the alphabet.

Kompany spoke about this and how when we got 100 points it was just one solution. Now it library link below is the clipped from YouTube from overlap interview.

This season will see Pep's ultimate dream almost realised. To play a full team of midfielders. There will be times that only 4 players will be in the same position all game. Ederson, Dias, Rodri & Haaland. The rest will be fluid with the likes of Stones, Gvardiol & Lewis moving into central midfield from defence. Central midfielders will move forward or wide and wide attackers will move inside.

The only evolution we want to see is the evolvement of a contract extension for Baldy.
Pep-contract GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.