Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Season so far is on him more than anybody. Poor tactical setups, persisting with things that just aren't working, arent giving us anything offensively and leaving us incredibly vulnerable defensively.

Refusal to use the bench when the entire team looks on its arse. There's a very very clear pattern of every team getting considerably stronger as the game goes into the last 20, they make subs bring on fresh legs and they have the impetus, pep responds by doing absolutely nothing leaving players who are flagging out to get roasted 1v1 because the system isolates our defenders and gives them minimal backup.

Doesn't matter if we get kdb back fresh and firing along with doku and haaland and have zero injuries, we will still drop too many points we shouldnt because the tactics aren't right.
This. He is over thinking like he did in Europe and it isn't working.

We'll know after Everton away or Newcastle away. If we win fewer than 4 pts from those games it's like his first season. Win those games and we are likely to win the league again. For me, Everton away will be crucial.

And they are bastard flying at moment, worst time to be playing these

Why are both the fullbacks so far up the pitch all game?? If we had proper attacking fullbacks I could understand but Walker is not, and Gvardiol is a CB.

Feel sorry for Gvardiol he is a left back and pep has played him as a hybrid left back/wingback Ake is best at that we not even seen Gvardiol as centre back

Feel sorry for Gvardiol he is a left back and pep has played him as a hybrid left back/wingback Ake is best at that we not even seen Gvardiol as centre back

Not sure why he couldn’t have swapped the two of them today?

During the last 10 we actually had Gvardiol making runs off the shoulder of their RB, with Grealish sat in at LB. Wtf?

its not wise to criticise Pep on here , but here is an idea , why dont we play our players in the positions they are used to playing , Ake (not a natural left back) our best left back and not a centre back , Gvardiol the best centre back in europe last season at centre back and not at left back , Akanji right sided centre back , not as a defensive midfielder , Bernardo in the middle of the park , Foden on the right wing until he can gain more experience and maturity to play centrally , Alavarez as a striker or No.10 , he cannot play the KDB position.
Just a few thoughts , play players where they are meant to f*cking play and we might just make a fist of a title race this season.

No one can question that Pep has been the most successful manager in club history, that's obvious. But it's also obvious he's had more to work with than any other manager overall. Can we at least be somewhat honest and say he's done more with MORE. Everyone acts like he performs miracles with mediocre players or does more with less. Is it possible we could be just as successful without all the complicated machinations. Do we have to be coached by a genius to win? Do we have inferior personnel? I'm just asking what I believe are at a minimum honest questions. I AM NOT SLAGGING OFF OUR MANAGER SO SAVE YOURSELVES ANY INDIGNATION.
We cannot kid ourselves that we are super rich and in theory could blow anyone out of the water with transfers if we wanted to and yes pep cane to city because we had everything and could afford him . Only one manager has done miracles without finances and that was in my eyes the greatest manager of them off in Brian clough .

its not wise to criticise Pep on here , but here is an idea , why dont we play our players in the positions they are used to playing , Ake (not a natural left back) our best left back and not a centre back , Gvardiol the best centre back in europe last season at centre back and not at left back , Akanji right sided centre back , not as a defensive midfielder , Bernardo in the middle of the park , Foden on the right wing until he can gain more experience and maturity to play centrally , Alavarez as a striker or No.10 , he cannot play the KDB position.
Just a few thoughts , play players where they are meant to f*cking play and we might just make a fist of a title race this season.

Might win a game if that scenario happens mate!

Akanji frightens me at times mind but in saying that Dias been bobbins lately as well

100 percent agree but you have to rrenenber peps ego and he also has to reinvent football every season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.