Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Do you think we'll see Pep try that very often though as we can only really push both fullbacks inside when Walker isn't in the team which isn't very often these days.

I agree though, I'm liking the idea of us using such a brave strategy when we know the opposition are just going to sit really deep. And like you mentioned, we can always switch back to the 3-2 formation if they start to commit more men forward after we score for example.

Maybe it's asking too much in his first season but I wonder if Gvardiol is capable of playing inside to a similar standard as Stones and Akanji. It's a demanding role but he's certainly got the technical ability to do it.
Yes, you’re right. Walker can’t really do it. I think it was an experiment really for the most defensive teams. If you remember, they almost got in behind with a cross field ball and then when ederson got injured he called them over and told stones to stay at right back. So in this instance the experiment only lasted about 15 minutes which probably doesn’t bode well for its future.

That wanker couldn't help himself bringing up the FFP charges despite having nothing to do with the champions league.
The club really are far too fucking lenient on the media. No other club would tolerate it.

Part of me thinks they're just waiting it out knowing they have the answer up their sleeve.

There's nothing they can say that makes them look innocent to people who don't want to hear it.

As much credit as anyone could possibly have. But he’s had a shocker there - wrong from the start, nowhere near enough to change things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.