Pep's contract situation

Khaldoon and Soriano invited a few selected members into the Tunnel Club before the game on Saturday.

They have received enough to suggest it will be closer to a decade than three years.

There is also great news coming on KDB and Jesus.

Pep and his staff don't believe there is anything else out there for them for the foreseeable future.

If your Pep can see why he believes there nothing out there as attracted as Manchester City. Anything he requires we will give him plus I reckon in the future he will want at least a 1/3 of the team made up of players from our youth system.

Here we go "his record". 2 clubs isn't a record.

Only a few years ago people were using his "record" to prove how he'd never go to an oil money club like City because he's only interested in historic clubs like Bayern and Barca.

I'm not getting into semantics or whatever. His own comments also lean towards shorter stays.

However, my point was quite clearly that it doesn't mean he won't be attracted to stay in this job for an extended period but he had better get a few trophies won toot sweet or he will remove himself from the job.

You are spot on.

At Barcelona he had to be the press officer to defend the club from attacks because once Joan Laporta left he became the face of the club. Sandro Rosell was also anti-Cruijff so both he and Pep Guardiola were at odds as we saw from his rant against the board to be left alone when he was at Bayern. Rosell used Catalan media to defame Guardiola and to constantly criticise his methods when he was there and even after he left.

At Bayern Munchen, he joined because of Uli Hoeness and they had a warm relationship. Once Uli Hoeness got convicted for tax evasion, his contact with he club became through Karl-Heinz Rummenigge. These two had more of a professional relationship but Pep Guardiola felt the board did not help him with transfers.

He wanted Kroos to stay but the board let him go to Real Madrid and we have seen how that turned out.

He wanted both Kevin de Bruyne and Leroy Sane especially because he couldn't count on Robben and Ribery to be fit over the course of the season.

Make no mistake, Pep Guardiola appreciated the amount of effort that your clubhas put into making him feel comfortable so he can just concentrate on the game. They have supported him through everything and his strategic power within the club will grow if you secure the league.

Soriano's recent interview suggests that, as many believed, Pep basically agreed to come to City when he had done his three years at Bayern.

This is a clever move by City. They presumably have some indication he would agree to an extension. It will not be for 10 years. Nobody plans that far ahead. But any extension is great news. And tossing the 10 years idea out there demoralises the hell out of the rest of the PL at a time when they are grasping at any hope they can get that they will be able to catch up with where we are going. Happy Christmas Jose.
Spot on post. No doubt that all concerned with negotiations know he will probably stay for approx 5-6 years which to be honest is more than enough time for him and his team to have put in place a foundation that will last decades. I have also noticed that he is becoming more relaxed with the media now that they realise just how good we are and how good Pep is for the future of the English national team. Simply put the best manager in the world bar none.

Khaldoon and Soriano invited a few selected members into the Tunnel Club before the game on Saturday.

They have received enough to suggest it will be closer to a decade than three years.

There is also great news coming on KDB and Jesus.

Pep and his staff don't believe there is anything else out there for them for the foreseeable future.
Good news that TH.

I'm not getting into semantics or whatever. His own comments also lean towards shorter stays.

However, my point was quite clearly that it doesn't mean he won't be attracted to stay in this job for an extended period but he had better get a few trophies won toot sweet or he will remove himself from the job.
Did he tell you that himself.

if we keep playing like we are and hopefully keep winning trophies then the bald genius can stay here for as long as he wants!!

I think we will get 2 1/2 more seasons and then he will take on the England job after another flop at Euro 2020.
He's already said he fancies a try at international football and if the current political climate remains unsure in Spain it seems unlikely he will get that job with his views.
Imagine the clamour in the British press if we have the success that looks increasingly likely in the next couple of seasons.
If i was him it's a job i would avoid like the plague but if anyone can make England successful its Pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.