Pep vs Klopp argument

Ask yourselves...if Klopp was Citys manager and Pep was Liverpools would the outcome of this discussion be the same ??

I'll tell you what would have happened. We would have hardly won a thing.

Even if a Klopp City happened to be magnificent, the aggressive way his teams play would have meant we'd have more decisions against us and more suspensions as a result.

I really think the PL don't want us winning things, certainly not as much as we have, and would do anything to stop that. The magic of Pep however is in part his style of play. If we keep the ball most of the match refs don't get the opportunity to give as many freekicks against us. If we're almost constantly on the opposition half, there's less chance for penalties against us.

Clearly it doesn't prevent these things, but makes it harder. If we were under Klopp and the refs/PL wanted to stop us, it wouldn't be hard.

If Simon Jordan thinks he's better than Pep ... he can't possibly be. Besides, we all know Arteta is the manager of the year. All Pep's worth is an honourable mention.

Not even a discussion.

Managers and coaches up and down the country and around the world try to emulate Pep.

Nobody copies Klopp, his football is pure Stoke on steroids, to be fair to him he's a good man manager.

When they both retire, nobody apart from the murderers will remember Klopp, everyone will talk about Peps style and how he transformed the game and took English football out of the jurassic state it was in.

So Simon Jordan has been on again (although i think this might be a re-purpose of his spouting off in December) about Klopp being a better manager than Pep (https://talksport.com/football/1708733/simon-jordan-jurgen-klopp-best-manager-pep-guardiola/). I tire of this drivel, it's obviously not out of the realms of possibility that Klopp is better, but the arguments are always the same: If Klopp had the same resources as Pep he would have done better but not if Pep was in Klopp's shoes.

Now i can't deny that Klopp gets the maximum out of players, just look how he managed to get Jordan Henderson into a POTY award ffs. Would he win everything with the same resources as Pep? Probably, yeah. But i think Klopp's methods are really specific, i don't think he would have had the impact on the English game like Pep has had. It's undeniable what Pep has done for the game in general, not just in UK where you see even grassroots trying to use some of his philosophy, but world football where you see teams in African nations now playing out of the back. Klopp and Liverpool did amazingly to keep up with City in those tight races, and obviously bested us as well, but it wasn't because Pep just hoovered up all the great talent (like Bayern does btw, but Klopp never mentions that).

But my main argument against what Jordan and his cronies say is, Pep turned Delph into a left back and we did 100 points, he turned a number 10 in Zinchenko, into a coveted lb who won us titles in amazing fashion. He took Rodri out of a defensive team in Spain where he was seen to have some potential but not elite, and made him into the best in his position in the world (like he did with Basquets). So is it reasonable to believe that Pep could have made VVD into the best CB in the world, Alison into the best GK in the world, Salah, Mane & Firmino into an attacking force scoring goals at will? What do you fucking think?!
It's not Klopp's man management acumen that gets the likes of Henderson a player of the year award.

It's the club he plays for and the media narrative that surrounds the feral fuckers.

The reverse is also true of MCFC which is why no player at this club will ever win the ballon d'or.
After Messi won it this year the narrative is already earmarking Bellingham at Real Madrid.

The issue we have with who's the best manager is based on opinion and most of the people who make the comparison can't wait to see the back of us as a football club. So they're hardly going to blow smoke up are arse.

Liverpool can have the best players, best subs, best line markings, best stadium development best manager, best tea lady etc.

We're never going to win those arguments, so we'll just have to make do with winning things.

Pep is the innovator in this league, Klopp copies him. Pep developed Stones into a midfielder and low and behold Klopp tries to turn Tront into the same thing.
The game has changed so much under Pep, everyone wants to play the City way, never heard anyone say they want to play the Dippers way unless they mean murder people and deny everything

Klopp for all his bellendishness is an excellent coach / manager. However, Pep is the absolute pinnacle.

How many times has Pep reinvented our formation and style of play? Klopp sticks with his same method every season.

Klopp gets away with falling off a cliff every 3rd season. Pep is up there every single year

Klopp for all his bellendishness is an excellent coach / manager. However, Pep is the absolute pinnacle.

How many times has Pep reinvented our formation and style of play? Klopp sticks with his same method every season.

Klopp gets away with falling off a cliff every 3rd season. Pep is up there every single year
Bellendishness…. What a fantastic word.. I learn so much on here …:-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.