Pep Warns City Players...

View attachment 110497View attachment 110498

Pep Guardiola accepts he cannot control whether his Manchester City players play over the international break - but warned that they should remember they are only playing friendlies in the coming fortnight.

When they return, City take on Arsenal in a Premier League title showdown, have a tricky assignment against Aston Villa and a two-legged quarter-final against Real Madrid in the Champions League.

So Guardiola wants his players back in the best possible condition - and while he admits he cannot do anything about them representing their countries, he can remind them that there are more important games on the horizon.

Why the fuck is there a pointless set of international FRIENDLIES, slap bang in the middle of the "squeaky bum time", "business end" of the season? ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ll-news/pep-guardiola-warns-man-city-28833638
Pep is so right. These fucking games are pointless and should give national coaches a chance to bleed in the youngsters and rest the first team era. Now we have walker and Haaland potentially getting hurt for no fucking reason

also that dirge 'no surrender..no surrender' in faux cockney accents,,,,i mean if that doesn't put you off watching england live,,,that crap is still sung a lot ffs
Haha... I wouldn't know mate. The international breaks are a chance for me to take a break from football for a couple of weeks, because I literally have zero interest in international football.

However, if there's a player we're rumoured to be interested in, or there's a tasty match in tournament football, I may tune in to run the rule over said player.

Pep is so right. These fucking games are pointless and should give national coaches a chance to bleed in the youngsters and rest the first team era. Now we have walker and Haaland potentially getting hurt for no fucking reason
Haaland should've returned to Manchester & not played. Hopefully Walker was pulling a fast one & is back in Manchester & safely tucked up in bed with one of his women.

Our players need to think about City's priorities above cementing their international places for this summer's Euros.

International friendlies anytime are pointless. Some say all int'l footnall is. But half of our qualifiers are against the likes of Andora and fkin bxo natalasan or whatever .. surely these games can be used to try new players and tactics. With increased tournament teams the first group games are pointless too especially for seeded teams. These friendlies rank 4th in priority in a pretty meaningless int'l scene.just my take.

Having international friendlies at the business end of the season sums up modern day football.

The club managers, players and fans don't want these games. Again, It's all about money...

International Football should be fucked off, Friendlies, The Euros, Nations League ect bin the fucking lot because nobody gives a fuck about it.
agree, apart from The Euros, i am hyped for this one

Having international friendlies at the business end of the season sums up modern day football.

The club managers, players and fans don't want these games. Again, It's all about money...

International Football should be fucked off, Friendlies, The Euros, Nations League ect bin the fucking lot because nobody gives a fuck about it.
i agree World cup once every four years is enough...I mean friendlies on top of pointless qualifiers...we sail through every tournament and in reality we are pretty average - scrape through as a top 8 team in reality. That nations league thing is a joke...I didn't like Internationals even when we were struggling late 90's ...just never appealed to me.

Last edited:
Haaland should've returned to Manchester & not played. Hopefully Walker was pulling a fast one & is back in Manchester & safely tucked up in bed with one of his women.

Our players need to think about City's priorities above cementing their international places for this summer's Euros.
Controversial point here.

If Erling is out it might help us. We play a better balance with the false 9.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.