Pep's contract situation

I just feel some players need a run to hit form Mendy being one of them of he doesnt hit form after 6 or 7 games than change. I think we need a settled back 4.
The intensity of the way we play when at our very best means that's impossible.

And unfortunately I don't think Mendy is any longer physically capable of playing 2/3 games a week.

Well if he is happy with our midfield , cool, but as we witnessed last season, it's far too static, and is vulnerable to pace.

Watching the Rags game last night, they dominated possession, but were ripped a new one because Palace have a pacy front 3.
The season before last when Bernardo effectively replaced De Bruyne in midfield he was fantastic. He brought all the pace and energy we will need. With Silva now gone Bernardo has to go in there, if he does I think we’ll be fine but if Gundogan and Rodri are both playing together the majority of the time we’ll struggle.

I’ve never seen Ake play on the half way line all game in a team who has 70% possession where counter attacks expose space and defenders have to be exceptionally good to do well. He’s always looked good on the edge of his own box with all ten other players in his team within 20m of him whenever he’s played against us. But playing in our defence is very different, the very very best can be made to look average playing in such a high line.

He’s more of an unknown than Torres.
True, but whether playing left back or centre back he’s quicker than Zincheko and though I couldn’t be sure looks quicker than Laporte. Either way he ‘s far quicker than Otamendi or Fernandinho who we had most of last season. So for me I’m confident he has the tools to adapt. Mentally and concentration wise playing a high line is also a challenge from the couple of interviews he’s done he seems fairly switched on.Time will tell but just think our team and squad are much better and closer to the finished article than a few are painting it.

The intensity of the way we play when at our very best means that's impossible.

And unfortunately I don't think Mendy is any longer physically capable of playing 2/3 games a week.

Ok perhaps not a back four but at least play the same two centre backs week in week out. As City have normally 70%plus possession let them get a good understanding (injuries permitting)

The season before last when Bernardo effectively replaced De Bruyne in midfield he was fantastic. He brought all the pace and energy we will need. With Silva now gone Bernardo has to go in there, if he does I think we’ll be fine but if Gundogan and Rodri are both playing together the majority of the time we’ll struggle.
Could not agree more, but what happened last season?

Where was Bernardo?

Could not agree more, but what happened last season?

Where was Bernardo?

Isn't the logical extension of your argument that we should transfer in new players every time one of the current squad has a season below expectation? It's not really a sustainable way to go about things.

Note also that Bernardo didn't get as much game time because Mahrez upped his game and David Silva was still present. I'm confident that the best is yet to come from him.

Isn't the logical extension of your argument that we should transfer in new players every time one of the current squad has a season below expectation? It's not really a sustainable way to go about things.

Note also that Bernardo didn't get as much game time because Mahrez upped his game and David Silva was still present. I'm confident that the best is yet to come from him.
Not what I said, Pep is the type of manager that needs to work with new players after a 2/3 year cycle, the players simply can't take his intensity. Saying that I am not sure he can either, hence why he had a years sabbatical after Barca.

Bernardo played CM when he was at his best in the formidables season, we hardly missed KDB, last year, he had few good games but when he did he was playing central.

He brings great and much needed energy to CM.

Dont like the idea of going into a season with the managers future undecided. Had we signed Messi he possibly might have given us an extra year to oversee the project I honestly think he will suck it and see If he fails to get off to a good start and feels he is beyond getting us where he wants us to be he might well feel he has taken us as far as can personally you cannot imagine that we have not offered him a new extension.Without the assurance of Pep could that have slowed us down in the tranfer market? I think the Chairman knows this and wouldnt be at all surprised if that man ( possibly Poch) is not in place already After all we are certainly forward thinking ps am i the only one missing Sunday Supplement on sunday morning

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.