Pep's Press Conferences - Watford (A) Post Match (Page 129)

He seems to be a ruthless professional and he has given the club the kick up the hoop it needed

Agreed, I've a feeling that Pep's greatest hate is complacency. Whatever happens over the next few years it's going to be exciting.

Over at the swamp they might win, they might even win big, but we've seen Mourinho football before, we know what to expect and we don't expect much.

I'm 59 and even by typical City standards I'm a miserable sod, but I've not been this excited about City since I was a kid in the 60's. Does anyone still do a double take when they see Pep in the dug out? Maybe it'll fade, but when the camera focuses on him by the side of the pitch It still comes as a jolt to realise he's our manager. It's not fan boy stuff it's just Pep and City, my City, it's still something I'm getting used to.

Last edited:
Can't help it, but every time I see his press conference I always get Al Pacino in my head saying 'say hello to my leetel friend....'

Extremely impressive.
Is there a concern that he gives too much information?

No I wouldn't say so, he always comes across as calculated but respectful, he acknowledges how he thinks the opponent will play but doesn't openly state we're going to do ... to deal with it.

Every manager is just passing through, I know that, but I get the impression with Pep this is just one stop in his football experiment.

Don't get me wrong, if the experiment brings great football and trophies I'm all for it. I'm impressed with Pep big time but I'm not warming to him.

I hope this is a WUM

If not you must be the most miserable sod on the planet.

I'm loving every second of Pep being here. No we're not going to win every game and no we won't be winning the quadruple but the football he's installing and already made progress with is sublime.

I also get the feeling he will be here longer than just 3 years.

It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all, that's what they say anyway. Enjoy Pep while he's here

Anybody else loving them and hanging on almost every word? No boring, vague answers, clearly explains why he is doing something and loves to talk about football. Talks tactics, the way he prefers a player to play and doesn't seem to squirm away from any questions. Don't want to turn it into bitching about Pellegrini but the transparency Pep gives us in his answers is a pleasure. Actually gives us something else to look forward to in the week other than just the games.

Making this thread after just watching todays presser, i'll post it below as City's site is a bit of a nightmare.

Steaua (H):

Thanks for posting this, I can actually hear what he is saying!

The sound quality on the videos on the official site is absolutely pathetic, I can never hear a thing, does anyone else have the same problem?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.