Peter Crouch

Fanzone Danny said:
zak@work said:
Fanzone Danny said:
dannybcity said:
I like him, adds abit of variation.

Completely agree! think he would do a good job for us! plus he is a City fan !

how do you know he is a city fan?

Was on Soccer AM about 6 months ago saying his mums side of the family are from Burnage and massive City fans, as a kid he used to go to Maine Road to watch the mighty blues! think thats why i'd have him here TBH!

I think it might have been Knutsford that his Mam and his Mams side of the family are from and they used to go to Maine Road, all big Blues!

Like Peter Crouch for 1 reason and 1 reason only............

When asked what he would be if he wasent a footballer...... He said (and i quote) "A Virgin"

Can people stop with this utter shite about signing Peter Crouch, if that lanky streak off piss is the height of our ambitions then we are in trouble! Bellamy and Crouch? Champions League here we come *thumbs down*

Robanompivenov said:
Can people stop with this utter shite about signing Peter Crouch, if that lanky streak off piss is the height of our ambitions then we are in trouble! Bellamy and Crouch? Champions League here we come *thumbs down*
OK football genius, why would signing Crouch be an indication of the ambition we would hope to achieve?
Is it not just possible that Crouch would be bought to strengthen the squad along with other, more highly rated players?
I sometimes wonder if folk on here are more concerned about the potential ribbing you would get from your rags mates if any signing is less than Jesus Christ as opposed to actually understanding the use of a strong squad in the modern day game.

absolutely nowhwere near the desired quality. i expect him to be at a club like blackburn or portsmouth next season. he will not be anywhere near the world's richest club.

I do wonder whether people who knock Crouch ever actually watch him play. It seems to me that he's not taken seriously because he resembles a lanky streak of piss and it's easy to knock him based on that rather than ability. He's done well wherever he's been, and I think he was very unlicky to be leaving Liverpool. If Torres is out would you rather have Crouch or Kuyt up front on their own? I'd rather have Crouch, and he made a better fist of things at Liverpool (a Champions League club which is what we are aiming at) than Robbie Keane. In my opinion Crouch would make a very useful addition to the squad.

bluebarn said:
I do wonder whether people who knock Crouch ever actually watch him play. It seems to me that he's not taken seriously because he resembles a lanky streak of piss and it's easy to knock him based on that rather than ability. He's done well wherever he's been, and I think he was very unlicky to be leaving Liverpool. If Torres is out would you rather have Crouch or Kuyt up front on their own? I'd rather have Crouch, and he made a better fist of things at Liverpool (a Champions League club which is what we are aiming at) than Robbie Keane. In my opinion Crouch would make a very useful addition to the squad.

you're right. very unlicky indeed.

masterwig said:
He did alright at Liverpool and he'd give us something different. Good squad player.
This. I can't personally see us getting any world class names in at atm, so if it's mean we have to improve one step at a time then Crouch is definitely an improvement. If we have the same sort of striker every game we'd become too predictable, Crouch offers us that something bit different that not many clubs have, he's had a good scoring record wherever he's been and I for one think he would be a decent signing.

burp mavrick said:
bluebarn said:

you're right. very unlicky indeed.

There's no pleasing some people! One typo in a reasonably coherent paragraph isn't really worthy of a post. Are you a proof reader for a living?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.