Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

I can still hear the pain in his voice when Aguero scored vs QPR
Aguerooooooooooooooooooohforfucksakeooooooooooooooooo

Not sure if you're being ironic but in case for some reason you're trying to cite this in some sort of defence of Tyler the context has to be understood.

Tyler lest we forget is a professional commentator who for the Aguero goal was commentating on a piece of history unlikely to ever be repeated. It would have been a complete deriliction of duty were he not to encapsulate that in a way that captured that piece of sporting history. Let's not forget it will leave Tyler himself with a piece of commentating history of his own that will be repeated in generations to come. I suggest he was doing that for his own reasons than for any kind of affection for the blues. His commentary of us vs the dippers is proof of that were it needed.

Contrast that with his commentary on a goal that simply clinched 3 points for the rags.

Actually shouting Yeeessssssss! down the microphone like some kind of fanzone commentator showed his true colours for everyone to see. I doubt Walter 'glass half full' would have done a better job celebrating a goal for City in the Derby.

To be honest it is a complete and utter disgrace. The guy is a commentator who should be showing impartiality at all times. Clearly he is a rag fan and is anyone really surprised as it was probably in the job description.

Last edited:
Tyler probably had that speech ready for us or the rags to win the title, I can tell every time I hear the Aguero moment his voice goes down on the end oooooo! He must have been gutted we won the trophy that's why I'd rather listen to the OS commentary of the day it's genuine emotion.

I don't buy that at all.

Martin Tyler's loyalties IMHO lie with Sky TV and whatever angle they are pushing. Tyler is highly experienced and knew instinctively and immediately that the Aguero winner - a last minute goal to clinch a title from our fiercest rivals when 3 minutes before we had been 2 goals away - would go down in the hall of greatest PL moments - as indeed it has done. In terms of the Sky TV 'we bring you all the action from the most dramatic league in the world' narrative, Aguero was toeing the line even more closely than Tyler.

So if you want evidence of Martin Tyler's views on City, look elsewhere.

Many have mentioned the difference between the commentary on Liverpool's goals and ours when they beat us 3-2 the season before last. I would go to another game, the Old Trafford derby a few weeks before that game. In particular Dzeko's first goal. Most will remember he scored after about 45 seconds. You can imagine how bananas Tyler would normally go if the away team scores very early on in a fiercely contested local Derby.

When Dzeko scored you would have been forgiven for thinking that his microphone wasn't working properly.

I don't buy that at all.

Martin Tyler's loyalties IMHO lie with Sky TV and whatever angle they are pushing. Tyler is highly experienced and knew instinctively and immediately that the Aguero winner - a last minute goal to clinch a title from our fiercest rivals when 3 minutes before we had been 2 goals away - would go down in the hall of greatest PL moments - as indeed it has done. In terms of the Sky TV 'we bring you all the action from the most dramatic league in the world' narrative, Aguero was toeing the line even more closely than Tyler.

So if you want evidence of Martin Tyler's views on City, look elsewhere.

Many have mentioned the difference between the commentary on Liverpool's goals and ours when they beat us 3-2 the season before last. I would go to another game, the Old Trafford derby a few weeks before that game. In particular Dzeko's first goal. Most will remember he scored after about 45 seconds. You can imagine how bananas Tyler would normally go if the away team scores very early on in a fiercely contested local Derby.

When Dzeko scored you would have been forgiven for thinking that his microphone wasn't working properly.

I often find myself wondering, if we've actually scored or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.