Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

I hope, and I fervently wish, and I keep my fingers crossed that this will see the end of rag TV on Sly. No more biased reportage, no more foaming at the mouth in sheer unbridled adulation from the Sly reporters when a rag deigns himself available for an interview. No more pathetic attempts at trying to justify why Ratboy 2 wasn't red-carded when he launched a two-footed potential leg breaker on an opponent. No more trying to justify giving the rags a penalty when Rashford throws himself to the ground 3 yards outside of the opponents' penalty area.

Maybe, just maybe, the media in this country will stop with their rag-obsessed tunnel vision and give other clubs a fair crack of the whip. Who knows, there actually might come a time when Sly employ commentators and presenters, pundits etc that have no connection to the rags?

No chance.
Market forces. Especially world wide, which is the lucrative market Sky aims for.

Good riddance, was genuinely getting pissed off with his snidy little comments and remarks about us during commentary. And he sounded like someone in his family had died when we scored a goal. Should have happened years ago

Boring commentary rarely said what was happening on the pitch, never painted a story like Barry Davis he had most of the game scripted in advance with stats and irrelevant information changed commentary for the worse Hope he has a king and happy retirement but I won’t miss him
Barry Davies was the best, miles better than Motty, didn't favour anyone but always got excited when a great goal was scored.
Can even forgive him for "Look at his face"
I think Mowbray is really good as well, how many of the others would have dared to say "Not in his lifetime, now it's everytime"

Barry Davies was the best, miles better than Motty, didn't favour anyone but always got excited when a great goal was scored.
Can even forgive him for "Look at his face"
I think Mowbray is really good as well, how many of the others would have dared to say "Not in his lifetime, now it's everytime"
+1 for Barry Davies. A great commentator whereas Motson became a caricature of himself over the years. All the boring, crappy stats he used to roll out were irrelevant as far as I was concerned.

I was also a great fan of David Coleman's football commentaries back in the day. His "One-Nil" deliveries were all that were needed when the deadlock was broken.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.