Peter Fletcher and stewards (merged)

Longsight-memories said:
Eccles Blue said:
Whilst I am in full agreement that SWP80's complaint should be sorted out properly I do feel that tarring ALL the stewards with the same brush is completely wrong. 99% of the stewards at CoMS are good, hardworking individuals who get on with their job in a professional and friendly manner.

Although I am 100% behind SWP80's stance about what has happened to him this situation could have been avoided by people abiding by the law. This is not a rule it is the law. You are NOT allowed to smoke in or around the SportCity complex. If people stopped breaking that law poor SWP80 would not be in this situation.

The stewards are simply doing their job. Yes Mr Fletcher has been heavyhanded and the club do not appear to be handling this very well but the stewards are just doing their job.

Your missing the point they are NOT doing their job IF they pick on the wrong person !!

Mr Fletcher ???? I can think of a lot better name than that..

In your anger you have missed MY point I said that 99% of the stewards are doing their job properly. I never said that the stewards who accused SWP80 were doing their job!! But hey, they do have anger management classes on the NHS I believe!! And never let your 'righteous' anger get in the way of understanding a post. :-)

swp80 said:
BringBackSwales said:
as far as I know he is still banned and Mr Fletcher and the club are doing nothing about it - apparently the word of a steward with no evidence is more worthy than the words of several City fans, disgraceful

Correct

Did you get sorted for the last 3 games, I cant make the mid week games due to work, so your welcome to the seasoncard if needed

The problem for me in this whole thing, is that there seem no checks and balances in place. Even the most well trained and able of us in the most sterile places of work make mistakes..... Period.

The fact that this guy is offering to take a test with regards to being a smoker shows, he is either pulling one hell of a bluff(unlikely)or the club has made an error(highly likely). That on it’s own is not great, but happens, however what has transpired since is incompetence of the highest order

Having worked in accident investigation most of my adult life this is not an uncommon situation that a member of staff will carry out an action, it will go wrong and all of a sudden they can find 3 or 4 witnesses that will verify the initial story. What marks the better companies out from the weaker ones are their ability to look into matters fairly, reach an equitable solution and perhaps most importantly learn from the mistakes so there are limited reoccurrences of like events moving forward.

quote; Eccles Blue. "Just doing their job".

How many times have we heard this right through history?

The Nazis where "just doing their job" as a prime example.

SO MATE, BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN YOU "JUST DO YOUR JOB", BECAUSE WHEN YOUR FREEDOM HAS GONE YOU WILL NEVER GET IT BACK, EVER.

Look at the OPs case, sign of things to come?

Fletcher= filthy slime, that is all.

How were the Stewards "just doing their job" when they got it wrong? It's hardly as if they're putting their Careers on the line, either. It's a bit of casual work here and there. The Police deal with any real trouble.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.