Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't even comprehend what it must feel like to be Phil Foden right now. He's a lifelong blue, local lad, 17 years of age and playing for City, with Pep Guardiola saying he's special and is lost for words. I mean, what the fuck must that feel like!?

I bet Foden feels " how did we lose to that red shower" bad this morning.

Can't even comprehend what it must feel like to be Phil Foden right now. He's a lifelong blue, local lad, 17 years of age and playing for City, with Pep Guardiola saying he's special and is lost for words. I mean, what the fuck must that feel like!?
Paradise mate paradise

I've been waiting for this since I first saw this clip

Obviously he's been superb in the youth teams but it's only when you stand them up against men you can see what they are made of. This kid has it all, and if he doesn't retire here at 35 having won everything, we've failed him.

Astonishingly good. Usually when a young player comes into the first team, regardless of ability, they will keep it simple, try not to make a mistake and defer to their elders. Foden did the absolute opposite. He took the game by the scruff of the neck and tried to make things happen. His technique and awareness are off the chart. Wonderful.

How many second bests make it at top European clubs though? Barca and Madrid for example probably bin off many second best youngsters, as do Bayern.

I've seen our youngsters play and not once have I thought he'll be a big player him!
Like Kelechi, a good goalscorer but his all round game wasn't great, that was the difference between him and Rashford...

We could have kept Kelechi but in reality he was going to get zero game time over Aguero and Jesus, and a young player that needs to improve won't do by featuring here and there, or for 20 minutes every week.
Kelechi needed first team football playing 80% game time every week, and its not practical for a club of our stature to give him that when you've got world class talent at your disposal that are better at scoring goals, and also have more to their game than what he could offer.

Well if Messi was the best, how many others came through at Barca ? Or if Scholes was the best st Utd, how many more came through there ?

How many games did Bojan get under Pep ? Where is he now ? Did it handicap Barca ? Did Phil Neville stop Utd ?

I've been waiting for this since I first saw this clip

Obviously he's been superb in the youth teams but it's only when you stand them up against men you can see what they are made of. This kid has it all, and if he doesn't retire here at 35 having won everything, we've failed him.

Absolutely, the only time it matters is when they actually play.

But there was no guarantee he would havd performed well in his first game He could easlily have had a quiet game. That would have been him finished to many on here.

For the young England teams, Sancho was the star (as Roberts & Barker used to be) but Foden showed a lot of cleverness, which better players can appreciate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.