Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most kids who make it have one exceptional trait that even at a very young age that sets them apart when they make the first team. For me Phil has a magnificent first touch, absolutely unbelievable how he took the ball under control. More games in pre-season, involvement in the cups and first team training will wonders for him next season.

He's even got his own thread on Sadcafe with the OP as follows:

'So for half the game I thought I was watching Bernardo Silva's debut or David Silva, and then awoke from my slumber to see that this guys name is Phil Foden.. who?'
For all the positive comments, some of the comments on that thread are hilarious. Apparently we have "f*ck all experience" with developing players aged 18-21. Oh, and Foden should leave us if he wants to have a good career (because only players that leave City have good careers and all youth have always been wasted here).

The bitter and jealousy is strong with that lot.

Last time i witnessed a debut as good as that was Paul Lake ,its easy to go overboard but he was competing against a full strength Rag team and did not look at of place , the fact he is a blue through and through is heart warming , you can tell every minute of the game he is playing for that blue shirt .

For all the positive comments, some of the comments on that thread are hilarious. Apparently we have "f*ck all experience" with developing players aged 18-21. Oh, and Foden should leave us if he wants to have a good career (because only players that leave City have good careers and all youth have always been wasted here).

The bitter and jealousy is strong with that lot.

No thats the Narrative the media been working on since 2008! Media in this country are scum run by Rupert Murdoch

If a new £60m signing produced this performance I would be buzzing. This kid is just 17 making his City debut ffs.

I'm so, so glad you're all seeing what the regular u18s watchers have been seeing all year. He's not the only one either. We really don't realise that we're sat on a gold mine of talent here.

This is what many have been saying for ages that you simply don't know who will step up until you try them. You could try a few certs, like Foden, Brahim and Sancho and realise that only one immediately adapts, say for example Foden and Sancho and Brahim could like a tiny bit raw. You could also then try a few very good prospects, but not stars compared to others, like Smith, Duhaney, Muric, Nmecha, Dele-Bashiru, Bolton - whoever - and then be surprised when a relatively unfancied one like Smith takes that same level of consistent unruffled excellence along with him and looks totally at home, while a more dead cert could look overawed. You simply NEVER know until you try them. I hope Foden unlocks the door, so to speak, and we finally have the confidence to take a nice calculated gamble every now and then. Some could just rocket just like *that* which would be amazing.
Agree. And would be great if Foden is the one that unlocks the door for other kids - not so much that they get games as a favour 'because they are from the academy' but that 'well, if he can then so can I.' Anyhow thought Foden just looked like he belonged on that pitch last night, looks like he has the potential to run a game and actually come to be a leader in his own way. Watershed moment? Let's hope so - be wonderful if he comes to shine even more than he has at youth level.

he looks like a special talent. we have to not put too much pressure on him though. he has everything. he looks like a younger version of david silva. we have been crying out for a local lad for years now and I think he has everything to make it at the top level.

also for a small player he looks very strong and hard to get the ball off. i hope he doesnt go on an endless amount of loans and gets a proper run in our team.

Last edited:
he looks like a special talent. we have to not put too much pressure on him though. he has everything. he looks like a younger version of david silva. we have been crying out for a local lad for years now and I think he has everything to make it at the top level.

also for a small player he looks very strong and hard to get the ball off.
I hear where you're coming from but, at the same time, wouldn't it be great if we had a player that learned to 'grow' when the pressure is on,
rather than shrink away from it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.