Photography

117 M34 said:
Sheikh said:
117 M34 said:
Never seen the point in it myself, if you want a good photo of something, just go on google images and save yourself the time, money and effort.
NotSureIfSerious.png

Of course I'm serious, if someone wants to put a picture up of something they have taken, I will find a better picture of the same thing using google images, without leaving my chair.

Obviously, personal photos are different, but just taking pictures of random buildings, trees and animals seems pointless to me.
It may seem pointless to you but there will be stuff you do that seems pointless to others.

Th world still goes round.

117 M34 said:
Sheikh said:
117 M34 said:
Never seen the point in it myself, if you want a good photo of something, just go on google images and save yourself the time, money and effort.
NotSureIfSerious.png

Of course I'm serious, if someone wants to put a picture up of something they have taken, I will find a better picture of the same thing using google images, without leaving my chair.

Obviously, personal photos are different, but just taking pictures of random buildings, trees and animals seems pointless to me.
Good point, it's like playing football, what's the point when you can sit in your armchair and watch people doing it better.

Second Skin said:
Drog_Town_Punk said:
Second Skin said:
I have started out doing a bit now, I use a Panasonic DMC FZ45, which is a bridge camera. Been thinking about going to a DSLR but I am not confident enough to know what I am doing.

I have used this website which I find quite good, especially around specific scenarios : http://www.exposureguide.com/

You can also see some of my pics here: My Pics

some really great shots there mate, make the jump up to dslr, if you like your panasonic go for the new lumix g5, i have to g3 myself i love it, i have used nikon and cannon, but i prefer my lumix

Cheers mate, I have been looking at the G3 & G5. Are they easy to use? I am still getting to grips with mine and I do spend a lot of time scratching my head :)

Cheers mate, I have been looking at the G3 & G5. Are they easy to use? I am still getting to grips with mine and I do spend a lot of time scratching my head :)[/quote]

extremely easy to use, i used the semi-manual modes for about 3 days then went fully manual choosing every aspect on the settings and i had never used a dslr before that at all, one thing i will say is there is no bulb mode which allows you to leave the camera shutter open for up to an hour depending on certain cameras, but that wont affect you too much unless you prefer doing star trails and general night shooting as i do, but it does allow you to stay open for 60 seconds so its not so bad, check some of my night shots out there and you'll see that it can be very effective http://pix.ie/krusty

[quote="Drog_Town_Punk] extremely easy to use, i used the semi-manual modes for about 3 days then went fully manual choosing every aspect on the settings and i had never used a dslr before that at all, one thing i will say is there is no bulb mode which allows you to leave the camera shutter open for up to an hour depending on certain cameras, but that wont affect you too much unless you prefer doing star trails and general night shooting as i do, but it does allow you to stay open for 60 seconds so its not so bad, check some of my night shots out there and you'll see that it can be very effective http://pix.ie/krusty[/quote]

Very impressive.

I have tried doing some long exposure nighttime shots,My camera has a starry sky setting which allows the shutter to be open for up to 60 secs, got a good picture of the moon somewhere.

Second Skin said:
[quote="Drog_Town_Punk] extremely easy to use, i used the semi-manual modes for about 3 days then went fully manual choosing every aspect on the settings and i had never used a dslr before that at all, one thing i will say is there is no bulb mode which allows you to leave the camera shutter open for up to an hour depending on certain cameras, but that wont affect you too much unless you prefer doing star trails and general night shooting as i do, but it does allow you to stay open for 60 seconds so its not so bad, check some of my night shots out there and you'll see that it can be very effective http://pix.ie/krusty

Very impressive.

I have tried doing some long exposure nighttime shots,My camera has a starry sky setting which allows the shutter to be open for up to 60 secs, got a good picture of the moon somewhere.[/quote][/quote]

Is it better than this one?
fullmoon-sea.jpg

117 M34 said:
Second Skin said:
[quote="Drog_Town_Punk] extremely easy to use, i used the semi-manual modes for about 3 days then went fully manual choosing every aspect on the settings and i had never used a dslr before that at all, one thing i will say is there is no bulb mode which allows you to leave the camera shutter open for up to an hour depending on certain cameras, but that wont affect you too much unless you prefer doing star trails and general night shooting as i do, but it does allow you to stay open for 60 seconds so its not so bad, check some of my night shots out there and you'll see that it can be very effective http://pix.ie/krusty

Very impressive.

I have tried doing some long exposure nighttime shots,My camera has a starry sky setting which allows the shutter to be open for up to 60 secs, got a good picture of the moon somewhere.
[/quote]

fullmoon-sea.jpg
[/quote][/quote][/quote]
So what's the point of making yourself a nice meal if there's a chef on the other side of the world better than you?

Stop ruining a good thread.

117 M34 said:
Second Skin said:

Very impressive.

[/quote]

fullmoon-sea.jpg
[/quote][/quote][/quote]

35321319.jpg

took your advice i used google to find that

8959461048_f23c381d11.jpg

That's maybe my favourite photo that i've taken, unfortunately i lost the original file and had to download it off facebook so the image quality will be really reduced.

117 M34 said:
Second Skin said:

Very impressive.

[/quote]

fullmoon-sea.jpg
[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

No it is not.

I think I am going to give it all up now. It just isn't worth it any more. Well it was fun whilst it lasted, does anyone want to buy a camera?

EDIT: Unless you think these are ok:

7728518276_c194bdab6f.jpg

7728304916_f9f821e078.jpg

ypy4e6eg.jpg

This photo was taken on my iPhone from inside my kitchen . It took me ages to get this picture as the male and female blue tits were so fast disappearing into the hole to feed their babies .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.