Pirate Radio Stations

marco

If your under 45 dont apply, i remenber Caroline sunk in that bad storm we had this though in the mid 70s and so many people from the East such as Poland and East Germany this was there only cling to the west,i think the only radio station that played queens Bohemium rhapsody before it made number 5 due to the length of the record

If your under 45 dont apply, i remenber Caroline sunk in that bad storm we had this though in the mid 70s and so many people from the East such as Poland and East Germany this was there only cling to the west

Still remember the phone number 01 493 5961

what was the script with Caroline and Luxembourg, i cant remember back, was it advert sponsor radio rather than having the state BBC ramed down you throats

what was the script with Caroline and Luxembourg, i cant remember back, was it advert sponsor radio rather than having the state BBC ramed down you throats
The government only gave the BBC a licence to broadcast.
The pirates came along and challenged the establishment of BBC radio 1.
Called pirates because they operated on boats more than 2 miles off the coast so not broadcasting illegally. However, the government fought them all tthe way, making it an offense to supply the ships with anything. Records, food, electronic equipment. An impossible task to manage but they tried.
Ironic that whilst this was going.on, the BBC were busy employing pirate radio DJ's such as John Peel, Tony Blackburn Pete Murray, David 'Kid' Jensen, Kenny Everett, Jimmy Savile, Alan Freeman, Paul Burnett, Noel Edmonds, Peter Powell, Emperor Rosko.

Last edited:
Yep and I remember the pirate TV stations when I was living in Holland around that time. Showed some interesting stuff, IFYKWIM .....

Don't know if that was a thing in the UK.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.