pirlo

Even if it meant getting Pirlo for a season i think it would be a brilliant bit of business. The man is still an absolute class act.

Registering him in Europe would mean sacrificing someone else or a potential target. so no. Also at 36 he can cut it in the Serie A but definitely not in the BPL.

Cambiasso showed your statement to be complete nonsense this season.

Cambiasso showed your statement to be complete nonsense this season.

Cambiasso is a defensive mid whilst Pirlo literally does 0 when it comes to defensive work. I have watched Italy a lot over the years and the past 2 years and a lot of players have to cover for him and have been found out doing so. We already had someone like Lampard doing that role and I doubt we want someone like that using a foreign spot and starting games. Also Cambiasso is younger than Pirlo mind you. He came to the league at 33.

Isn't being old and slow the reason why we are selling Yaya at 32? Then why buy someone who would do even less defensive work and with lesser movement at 36?

Last edited:
Cambiasso is a defensive mid whilst Pirlo literally does 0 when it comes to defensive work. I have watched Italy a lot over the years and the past 2 years and a lot of players have to cover for him and have been found out doing so. We already had someone like Lampard doing that role and I doubt we want someone like that using a foreign spot and starting games. Also Cambiasso is younger than Pirlo mind you. He came to the league at 33.

Isn't being old and slow the reason why we are selling Yaya at 32? Then why buy someone who would do even less defensive work and with lesser movement at 36?

Pirlo is a lot quicker over the first few yards and works a lot harder defensively than Yaya.

Hasn't watched a lot of him but when I did, he made a lot of awful passes. and made a lot of mistaked for Andrea the Pirlo. I mean, most of us here wouldn't normally mistaken when he did. It's a couple of games obviously, but still. Moreover, I see him neither compete in BPL (he's not that physical), nor fitting in our current tactics. He may fit in if we would have 4-2-3-1 transforming into 4-3-3 with a playmaker, but he's far from his best years and just not what we need. Not to mention we already have players who could play that role or could sign some who're would fit us more than Pirlo.

Last edited:
Pirlo accepts MLS offer?
By Football Italia staff
Pirlo-thinking490epa.jpg
EPA.png

Spanish media claim that Juventus midfielder Andrea Pirlo has accepted an offer from MLS side New York City FC.

AS claims that Saturday’s Champions League final against Barcelona will be the 36-year-old’s final game for the Old Lady before amoveto the USA.

The Spanish newspaper claims that the MLS side turned to Pirlo after Xavi turned them down in favour of a move to Qatari side Al-Sadd.

Pirlo has been strongly linked with a move away from Turin thissummerand the Bianconeri have already begun reinforcing their midfield with the expected signing of Real Madrid’s Sami Khedira.

The playmaker spoke on Monday of how he believes Barca are favourites for Saturday’s final,which he described as “a unique and special game”.

A potential Pirlo-Lampard midfield at NYCFC.. Can we get Pirlo on loan for a season to teach Fernando everything he knows?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.