Pitch invasions

This thread is like Groundhog Day. The same people against pitch invasions say the same things almost every season, yet the pitch invasions still happen.
It’s the same as the early leavers debate. People are either pro or anti and are entrenched in their views and incapable of seeing the other viewpoint.

I’ve done my share of pitch invasions and I’m happy to leave that to the youngsters now.

That said, it’s actually a lot more fun watching the pitch invasion than the interminable, tedious presentation ceremony that follows. Starts with a load of Sky / PL flunkies taking ages to construct a load of advertising hoardings which masquerade as a stage (why do they need a stage, we’re all looking down on them from the stands). Then we get every man and his dog, seemingly every employee of City past and present, wheeled out to take part in the ceremony before eventually at long long last the only people we want to see - Pep and the squad - get their medals
The ‘stage’ doesn’t even involve advertising these days as the PL doesn’t have a primary sponsor - the only name visible as the trophy is presented is Premier League.
Back in the old days when Carling or Barclays paid big bucks to have their names attached to the competition it was a necessary evil to see their corporate logos but not any more.

I've done it once but not again. Fun novelty but when pissed up scallies and their feral kids start ripping out the goalposts, it's gone a bit far and you don't want to be anywhere near it.

The ‘stage’ doesn’t even involve advertising these days as the PL doesn’t have a primary sponsor - the only name visible as the trophy is presented is Premier League.
Back in the old days when Carling or Barclays paid big bucks to have their names attached to the competition it was a necessary evil to see their corporate logos but not any more.
Reminds me of the Blackburn game when that prick from Sky was desperately trying to give Joe a bottle of champagne with the sponsors name on as the stands were emptying on to the pitch.

Reminds me of the Blackburn game when that prick from Sky was desperately trying to give Joe a bottle of champagne with the sponsors name on as the stands were emptying on to the pitch.
The embarrassing struggle.

It’s part of who we are and it’s part of football. We’ve always done pitch invasions, whether that’s winning the league or getting promoted.

The media coverage of all the recent ones at derby or Portsmouth have all been really positive. No doubt ours won’t be.

Looking forward to the next one, if we can do it this year. Fanbases like United call in ‘small time’ - I’d rather be small time then anything like there fanbase

The only time I've been on was after the West Ham game.

I was much too emotionally fucked after the Kun goal to move.

I'm now up in SS3 so have no choice but, wouldn't go on again.

As long as there's no damage and a reasonably quick exit I'm good with it and enjoy watching from high.

It’s part of who we are and it’s part of football. We’ve always done pitch invasions, whether that’s winning the league or getting promoted.

The media coverage of all the recent ones at derby or Portsmouth have all been really positive. No doubt ours won’t be.

Looking forward to the next one, if we can do it this year. Fanbases like United call in ‘small time’ - I’d rather be small time then anything like there fanbase
Best one was the Birmingham home game when we hadn’t even been promoted!

Unfortunately social media rules now so there will be plenty sliding around and taking selfies.

Any United fan calling pitch invasions small time ought to look a bit closer to home. They invaded the pitch at Selhurst Park against Wimbledon after the last game of the season in 1992/93. They also invaded the pitch after beating Arsenal in the FA Cup semi—final at Villa Park in 1999.

And of course, they invaded the pitch in 1974 at Old Trafford but not for celebratory reasons!

In 2002 they doubled up and stopped any invasion, similar in 2003 for the last game. The efforts are more half hearted these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.