Pizza

Cooked cheese makes me crap like a goose. I forget this every so often when I have been partaking of to many gins and scoff a pizza.
Next day is invariably a wet cheeks day.

At home I'm semi lazy where Pizza's are concerned and will tend to use a cheap Lidl Pizza as a base and chuck stuff on it, anything that needs eating normally along with some jalapenos .

Out I only eat fish ones, can't beat prawns, tuna, capers, muscles and especially anchovies soaks up the booze and off you go again.

There is good pizza and bad pizza. Used to like pizza but don't t eat much nowadays. Been disappointed too many times in quality and price. Basically they are way too expensive and many shops use the cheapest ingredients they can. Insiped cheese with the texture and elasticity of chewing gum on top of a bland doughy base. Ham(halal) made from turkeys necks dyed pink nestled amongst tinned fucking mushrooms. And the cheap tuna is usually mush, like something a cats thrown up. This type of pizza is aimed at pissheads after a night out.

That said, some of the proper pizza establishments do use good quality ingredients and taste far superior to the 16" pizza for £3 joints.

I used to buy plain bases from Morrisons adding a skim of tomato puree, cheddar cheese, prawns tuna and and anchovies with diced baby tomatoes and black olives. But the quality of the Morrisons bases became awful, so i very rarely eat pizza now

Last edited:
Pizza Express Romano Americano Hot. Bottle of Don Manuel Keltehue Malbec.

Fish
Chicken
Fruit

All have no place on a pizza.

Anchovies or sardines is OK, but otherwise agreed. Tomato, Mozzarella (preferably buffalo) and one or two sparingly applied toppings. Not piled high.

Pepperoni is my fave, or perhaps onion and anchovy with a few capers (OK so that's 3 toppings). Hungarian pepperoni is the best

the housemate makes homemade pizza from scratch..... dee-lish.

As do I. I make the dough the day before and leave it in the fridge to mature. And then I cook it in a proper pizza oven at 375C for around 90 seconds. Thin, crispy and delicious.

I have to confess I have been a pizza addict since around 1979 when I first went to Pizza Express in London, and I've been trying - and failing - to perfect them ever since.

Last edited:
I love a bit of pizza but when it boils down to it it's just cheese on toast. Still, people will pay Dominos £20 for it! Biggest con going.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.