PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

yep on Chelsea I am quite shocked that PL is silent. there were some hacked Cyprus email/documetns not long ago about some dubious deals they did under Abra, wonder they take these as seriously as the Der Spiegel hacked documents.

and also Boehly admitted they found serious fake things from past accounts under Abra-era which Uefa looked at and handed out 10 euros punishment for it.
how come PL not yet looked and charged them for these, given not much investigation needed as kind of self reported things.

if they were in breach of Uefa rules of incomplete financial reporting at the time than likely they have breached any PL rules at the time.
plus anything else that came out additionally on the Cyprus leak recently.

would UK media tho paint this as FFP cheaters, take away their trophies in said period etc?
likely not.
its only City.
look at the general consensus around Everton, Forest, "poor clubs they dont deserve this, but what about City"

The PL have claimed they have enough evidence to accuse us & hold a hearing, so if that's the case why aren't they passing their 'evidence' on to the relevant authorities now?

Moreover, our investigations been in the public domain for nearly 6 years for all to see & hear, so why haven't the authorities swooped on the Etihad yet?

exactly this, there's also the opposite assumption that also benefits us. ie if it's not fraud then has to be a limitation of 6 years by UK law. It's either one or the other and you can't have both. Since no police investigation is happening then that implies limitation has to be applied and anything before the 2012 season can't be charged

Believe it or not that was more or less my explanation to some Scousers at work today, all I got back was “brown envelopes” but they couldn’t explain why these same envelopes didn’t stop the PL taking the action they have. The mask has really slipped with some of the Scousers I know both blue and red.
I spend a lot of time explaining to rival fans that "115 charges" is neither here nor there, it's the seriousness of the charges that they should be interested in. I honestly think the average punter on the street just thinks "oh, you've done 115 bad things" and that's that. I have to explain its worse than you think, but that means its harder to demonstrate than you think.

It could be absolutely anything from an actual date to (as you say) some charges already dismissed. However given this seems to have originated from The Telegraph it's at least as likely if not a given that there'll be nothing whatsoever.
Why next week ?

IF we are hit with some punishment then I sure as hell hope we don’t meekly take it to the sound of rags and spuds laughing. I’m done with football for good if that happens.

If we are stitched up by their kanga-rag court then we should refuse to accept its findings, take it to whichever court would hear and fight to the end. No **** is taking our trophies and achievements away just because the shitty rags aren‘t winning anymore.

I believe we will be exonerated of any wrongdoing and things will carry on and it’ll all be forgotten over time, because I think our rivals are just clutching at straws begging the PL to try and find some reason to hobble us. It will fail because of a lack of any evidence. If Khaldoon says we’re innocent I’ll believe that until a court of law proves otherwise.

yep on Chelsea I am quite shocked that PL is silent. there were some hacked Cyprus email/documetns not long ago about some dubious deals they did under Abra, wonder they take these as seriously as the Der Spiegel hacked documents.

and also Boehly admitted they found serious fake things from past accounts under Abra-era which Uefa looked at and handed out 10 euros punishment for it.
how come PL not yet looked and charged them for these, given not much investigation needed as kind of self reported things.

if they were in breach of Uefa rules of incomplete financial reporting at the time than likely they have breached any PL rules at the time.
plus anything else that came out additionally on the Cyprus leak recently.

would UK media tho paint this as FFP cheaters, take away their trophies in said period etc?
likely not.
its only City.
look at the general consensus around Everton, Forest, "poor clubs they dont deserve this, but what about City"
They are currently investigating, so nothing else they can say. Richard Masters mentioned it in front of the Parliamentary committee this week.

The Cyprus leak is potential proof of what they're accusing City of, so I doubt it will be sorted quickly.

I'm not sure what you mean here. They investigated, and accused us of 115 infractions of PL rules. The whole matter is now being adjudicated by a commission. If the commission finds us guilty of some of the alleged offences, isn't that the time for the evidence to be passed on for additional criminal investigations?
If suspect an employee or anyone of committing a crime you pass it on ASAP t the police you do not carry on investigating and then find them guilty and sack them and then refer them to the police.

Plus the whole issue is in the open anyway I am confident there is no evidence of anything other than none cooperation otherwise. HMRC, fraud squad, NCA would have raided. Our accounts would have t show the investigation I would imagine the press would be all over it and the premier league would have stated it instead they have implied it. The press with the exception of Nick Harris wont use the term even though again they know what the implication is of what the charges probably because we would sue them into oblivion. What happened to that gob on stick who said that the shooting in America was fake or Trumps lawyer who said the election was rigged. The legal bill for slander or liable or whatever it is from the Mail etc would be able to fund us Buying Real Madrid if they pushed t

I spend a lot of time explaining to rival fans that "115 charges" is neither here nor there, it's the seriousness of the charges that they should be interested in. I honestly think the average punter on the street just thinks "oh, you've done 115 bad things" and that's that. I have to explain its worse than you think, but that means its harder to demonstrate than you think.

What's quite frustrating and 'shocking' is just how many people don't understand the legal process.

They confuse charges with being found guilty.

They believe the amount of charges points to guilt.

They believe all other charges and legal investigations should stop for our hearing to be held first.

The worst is some think it's on City to show everyone they're innocent and don't understand why if we're innocent we don't just release all the evidence now... showing a serious lack of understanding of innocent until proven guilty. It's not on us to do anything, it's for the league to prove things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.