PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Question to Jordon and all those who wish to see our demise. How the fuck on earth can someone be guilty when it's not been proven. Jordon must be well in with someone if he has proof. In his dreams the wanker and ALL those that wish to follow the head sheep.

Jordan thinks because our owner is part of royalty in a very rich country his influence on everyone will make all the people who sponsor us and accountants firms Lie for him? That's what we dealing with conspiracy minded bell end..

I know from my club contacts that the media strategy was to court certain journalists who the club thought were 'opinion formers'. Serious journalists who could write using a more sophisticated medium than a crayon. So probably people like (I'm guessing) Martin Samuel, Henry Winter, Martyn Ziegler, David Conn, Rory Smith, etc. I do know Nick Harris was one of that group. I talked to him and passed on stuff I knew, which the club seemingly had no issue with (I'd have certainly known if they had).

They shared information with them, the intention being that we'd get a more sympathetic and objective hearing in the media, rather than the shite spouted by the red-tops, which we knew we couldn't influence. But even that group of journalists are driven by clicks, and objective articles about City don't generate clicks. Oli Kay, who was at The Times, told me that so I've had it first hand.

But it's no secret that we accelerated investment in the squad before the FFP door was slammed shut in our face. Then, in 2012/13, facing FFP failure, we did as much as we could to bring forward income. We sold the image rights to Fordham, we called off sponsorship revenue early. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with what we did by the way. If Etihad contracted to paying £600m over 10 years, we may have drawn down £300m in the first 3 years, say. That's not uncommon either. I seem to recall united front-loading either their Team Viewer or kit deal, so they got a big payment up-front. Nothing wrong with that. The accelerated investment is all public knowledge - Khaldoon openly said it - so Harris claiming it as a secret he'd been told as part of some inner-circle is complete nonsense.

At some point though, Harris's attitude changed dramatically. I know his wife had a brain tumour (and she died sadly about a year ago), they had two young girls and his mental heath suffered quite badly. That's a terrible thing to happen in anyone's book. But even knowing all this, the club were very puzzled about his 180 degree turn. His hatred of us is seemingly pathological.

Delaney was the same to a large degree. Up to us winning the league at Brighton in 2019 he was OK. By the time we'd beaten Watford at Wembley, just one week later, he'd turned.

It’s interesting that everything changed with a few journalists after we won the league title @ Brighton. Many in the media that season had jumped on the Klopp/Anfield /Fenway Sports bandwagon and there was a strong belief that Liverpool would finally win a title… we went on an unbelievable run (as did they) and just sneaked it…. That win put an awful lot of noses out of joint and is at the heart of Liverpool’s problem with City. Liverpool think this should have been their era and they think they should have landed a huge haul of trophies. And if it hadn’t been for City and Pep they would have done - and they really can’t take it… Pep has outperformed Klopp, our squad has outperformed theirs and whenever they have put us under pressure we have prevailed.

Talksport have now twisted his words on the news bullitin. "Stefan has said it will only end in one way. Relegation down to league 2"
How could the demotion work if the judgment is made part way through a season?

It couldn’t be immediate as the leagues would be skewed, so it’d have to be after the season had finished, allowing us to win the league again.

I can’t see demotion as a realistic option, barring by a points deduction, which would only put us in the Championship.

If found guilty we would and much worse than that as well. Stefan gets more credibility by giving a balanced view, he did say he doesn't think City will be found guilty.
He certainly did but no mention of that on talkshite headline news

What Stefan said was he couldn't see how it would be possible to prove such major allegations.
Not sure if I’m wording this correctly but since the crux of the charges are essentially the same as the UEFA charges (which were obviously later overturned by CAS), why would it be so difficult to prove these allegations, when we’d been found guilty before?

Also, if found guilty, we wouldn’t be able to appeal it would we?

What’s the difference between the PL case and the UEFA one? Is there a different standard of proof needed?

Not sure if I’m wording this correctly but since the crux of the charges are essentially the same as the UEFA charges (which were obviously later overturned by CAS), why would it be so difficult to prove these allegations, when we’d been found guilty before?

Also, if found guilty, we would be able to appeal it would we?

What’s the difference between the PL case and the UEFA one? Is there a different standard of proof needed?
The prem are accusing us of mass fraud spanning several years , hundreds of people compliciate in it

How could the demotion work if the judgment is made part way through a season?

It couldn’t be immediate as the leagues would be skewed, so it’d have to be after the season had finished, allowing us to win the league again.

I can’t see demotion as a realistic option, barring by a points deduction, which would only put us in the Championship.
Is that not how it would work? Just a big enough points deduction to put us down a division? They don't control the Championship, so couldn't just move us.

It would be an impressive one - even at minus 60pts we still might stay up. Maybe they'll go for one of those sentences like they do in the US, where people are in prison for 150 years :/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.