PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

As far as I can recall I have not previously posted on this subject.

Speaking solely for myself I will be glad when the matter is finally resolved one way or another, preferably of course in our favour. I would also prefer it to be sooner rather than later. I appreciate however as a former solicitor that for a variety reasons this may not be possible.

At the moment it is a cloud hanging over the club and everything we are achieving on and off the pitch.

If ultimately we are cleared all well and good. If not then those people at the club who put us in this position will have to answer for their wrongdoing and what they have done to the club and it’s fans.

Just think , if the sheik had chosen you and not us, which was a real possibility , then this would be a very different convo with us looking up and you looking down.

Of course, your owners voted for this carve up. So ya know…
You have a brand spanking new stadium, a fantastic local support base in a world renowned City, you would be a very attractive investment for some rich dirty arab oil money to make your dreams come true, but due to your club voting for FFP, thats not a possibility anymore. Ah well.

I have no sympathy for Everton. They were the original instigators, along with the red shirts and laughingly spurs who first voted against the away team getting a split of your gate money (you wanted it all for your selves) and instigated the formation of the premier league, widening the gap further.
Funny how life turns out/

as has been said, we arent the enemy, any other team apart from liverpool, united, arsenal and , laughingly, spurs , should be willing us to win the case and then fight ffp. Then … maybe you can experience what we have the last 15 years. Its fuckin brilliant
Don’t forget that Liverpool and Everton were the only two voting against and therefore blocking the F.A. doing their own version of the Pools to benefit all clubs, rather than the Moore family monopoly that benefitted both clubs.

If you are talking solely about finances, Liverpool’s success in the 70’s and 80’s was based on selling dreams of escaping poverty to those who could barely afford it. Much better than dirty Oil Money.

Speaking solely for myself I will be glad when the matter is finally resolved one way or another, preferably of course in our favour. I would also prefer it to be sooner rather than later. I appreciate however as a former solicitor that for a variety reasons this may not be possible.

At the moment it is a cloud hanging over the club and everything we are achieving on and off the pitch.

If ultimately we are cleared all well and good. If not then those people at the club who put us in this position will have to answer for their wrongdoing and what they have done to the club and it’s fans.
You mean if our club is found to have defrauded to the levels suggested by our accusers, the PL, the media, pundits etc?

Or do you mean if we are found to have over paid mancini for his services? Ie something quite minor with regards to what we're achieving?

I think in the first instance yeah it club need to answer to the fans. But tbf ib think all PL clubs are doing dodgy stuff like the 2nd point I made.

So as a former solicitor you'll simply accept the findings of a clearly biased and influenced panel and blame the club, despite their vehement assertions we've done nothing wrong?

Don’t forget that Liverpool and Everton were the only two voting against and therefore blocking the F.A. doing their own version of the Pools to benefit all clubs, rather than the Moore family monopoly that benefitted both clubs.

If you are talking solely about finances, Liverpool’s success in the 70’s and 80’s was based on selling dreams of escaping poverty to those who could barely afford it. Much better than dirty Oil Money.
Yep. Everton were in fact known as The Millionaires in the 60s.
When liverpool were bankrolled in the 50s as a second division club , it under the instruction from owner Moores to “Make them as big as Everton”!

We do realise how much money you make which allows you to spend a lot on players. Its more aimed as the PL than City. The point being that the rules in place are a joke. Im sure a lot if you have said it yourselves. The P&S rules as they stand are just to keep the status quo.

Its not a level playing field when these rules come into effect when already rich/successful/worldwide clubs are earning quadruple the amounts of others. Take Utd for instance and their £900m kit deal. There are only them, you, Arsenal, RS and Chelsea who could come close to deals like that. The rest would get a fraction

So yes you spent within your means rightly so and im sure every one of our fans would state how brilliantly you are run. But most other clubs dont have the same means and wont do for a long time. The ones that do have the means are not allowed.
We have been stating and highlighting this for years and nobody listened..we were dismissed as a paranoid fanbase

Fact is, that it has taken sanctions against your own club to start looking at these corrupt rules and see what they are truly about, and who they want to remain at the top table

No sympathy from me for any of the other clubs that are still or were happy to cosy up to the red cartel and follow them like sheep

We do realise how much money you make which allows you to spend a lot on players. Its more aimed as the PL than City. The point being that the rules in place are a joke. Im sure a lot if you have said it yourselves. The P&S rules as they stand are just to keep the status quo.

Its not a level playing field when these rules come into effect when already rich/successful/worldwide clubs are earning quadruple the amounts of others. Take Utd for instance and their £900m kit deal. There are only them, you, Arsenal, RS and Chelsea who could come close to deals like that. The rest would get a fraction

So yes you spent within your means rightly so and im sure every one of our fans would state how brilliantly you are run. But most other clubs dont have the same means and wont do for a long time. The ones that do have the means are not allowed.
Spot on. Although I will say that you're preaching to the converted!

I would add that we've been a little fortunate in that we were already growing fast as a club when the first FFP rules were introduced by UEFA in time for the 2010/11 season. In the summer of 2010 we bought the likes of David Silva, Yaya, and Milner so we were well on our way to establishing ourselves on the pitch and by extension off it when FFP came in. In effect, while FFP initially held us back a little bit we'd got in just before the drawbridge was pulled up. Everton (when Moshiri bought into the club) and Newcastle with their takeover were effectively starting from scratch and with the rules already in place so it would've been a lot more difficult to do what City had done. To be fair to Newcastle, they bought well and Howe did a fantastic job getting them into the CL quicker than City managed it following our takeover but as we've now seen they're in danger of falling foul of the regs. In effect, they improved far quicker on the pitch than they did off it with their revenues and that's now caused a problem for them. They might've been able to ride that out if they'd gone deeper in the CL this season and qualified for it again next season but that's currently looking unlikely.

Last edited:
If not then those people at the club who put us in this position will have to answer for their wrongdoing and what they have done to the club and it’s fans.

Seriously ? You'd have wanted the club to just accept "rules" designed solely to thwart any prospect of competing with the existing top four, throw up their hands and accept the feudal status quo ?

Not for me. IIF they have managed to snare us in their protectionist scheme, I'm proud of every single person that has tried to circumvent the "rules". The bigger sin would have been not to have tried.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.