PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I'm not saying Tolmie is wrong but he's taking a risk in posting this information. A lot of people will be getting their hopes up now. This needs to be rock-solid.
Yeah, I'd advise people not to get their hopes up. If that tweet boils the piss of some dickhead opposition fans, that'll more than do for now though!

If I were the PL I'd want to manage expectations before any news of a loss for them at the independent commission becomes public in order to reduce the size of the meltdown. It's still going to be epic though if this happens. Might even phone Simon Jordan myself.
Somebody needs to put that Gobshite in his place, we need more Jay's.

If I were the PL I'd want to manage expectations before any news of a loss for them at the independent commission becomes public in order to reduce the size of the meltdown. It's still going to be epic though if this happens. Might even phone Simon Jordan myself.
I sense the narrative has changed in the past few weeks in the media and fan driven social media with "city will get away with it"

Whether this is driven by weakness in the premier league case or red top clubs finally accepting their claims lacked any substance and hence briefing their press shills. Who knows.

Assume Berrada would have signed an NDA when he joined? I guess City don't want him running off and copying our ideas/business strategies?

He hasn't yet taken up post, so I'd be surprised if it was him. That said, who else could it be? If executives at other clubs are getting insight into our case then the commission is not as independent as we are led to believe.
If it's genuine info then it's possible that it's nothing to do with Berrada but United themselves could be the source. I know I'm joining up a few dots here but if any details are being leaked then they're more likely to be leaked to United or Liverpool than Fulham or Bournemouth. Also, isn't one of the PL head honchos a United fan? I also think it's nigh on impossible to plug all leaks. The PL will surely be getting updates from the independent panel about the investigation and how it's progressing and it only needs one person to start blabbing.

If it's genuine info then it's possible that it's nothing to do with Berrada but United themselves could be the source. I know I'm joining up a few dots here but if any details are being leaked then they're more likely to be leaked to United or Liverpool than Fulham or Bournemouth. Also, isn't one of the PL head honchos a United fan? I also think it's nigh on impossible to plug all leaks. The PL will surely be getting updates from the independent panel about the investigation and how it's progressing and it only needs one person to start blabbing.

Well Sean Dyche isn't aware of anything, as he was spouting last week, and Everton are the "need to know basis" club of all time as we all know.

I wouldn't have thought that the PL would be getting any updates at all. Once it was handed to the IC, the dialogue between PL and IC should be minimal outside of normal procedural communications. It doesn't seem likely at all to me that the PL have been told by the IC that their evidence is a concern and that City's submissions cast further doubt. These are matters for the hearing in November, surely? Whilst not outright dismissing it, I'm taking Tolmie's info with a massive pinch of salt. If United are getting a running commentary from the IC then City should be sounding alarms louder than the Copenhagen fans the other night. As with CAS, we can and must not tolerate any breaches of confidentiality whatsoever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.