PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Another large issue they will have is how to deal with the ramifications of having a significantly reduced attendance.
1. massive drop in revenue, unless they end up at Wembley.
2. Paying rent for whereever they end up
3. Disruption to how fans plan travel to games.
4. Dealing with season ticket holders - who decides who gets a ticket in the reduced capacity, with its additional obvious Reduction of season ticket revenue.

I’m struggling to see how they can do any change from what they have now, without a 1bn+purchase cost investment in a new ground on an entirely new site (where?).
Let's hope they follow the shining example of Barcelona.

They've moved out of their 99,000 capacity stadium to build a new bigger one.

The temporary stadium has a capacity about half that, and they've only sold out one game this season. Against Atletico Madrid they had less than 35,000 fans - 15k empty seats!

I specifically logged in tonight instead of lurking to 'like' this, absolutely superb, can't wait to watch the Documentary in the near future, if and I mean a big if Panorama have got the balls to do it...
We could pay an Independent Production company to do it and broadcast on “Dave”, it wouldn’t have the same traction but it would be embarrassing for the red shirts.

Alternatively, “Dispatches” on Channel 4 or Channel 5 maybe interested, they have no beef with us so may want to discredit the BBC and highlight their toxic bias to gain maximum exposure.

Another large issue they will have is how to deal with the ramifications of having a significantly reduced attendance.
4. Dealing with season ticket holders - who decides who gets a ticket in the reduced capacity, with its additional obvious Reduction of season ticket revenue.

I’m struggling to see how they can do any change from what they have now, without a 1bn+purchase cost investment in a new ground on an entirely new site (where?).
Thought the plan was a new stadium on land (they don't own all of) next to the swamp which would allow them to carry on were they are with the leveling up chaps building a Wembley of the North next door the rags can rent for 30 bob a week whilst selling the swamp and pocketing the cash.

Thought the plan was a new stadium on land (they don't own all of) next to the swamp which would allow them to carry on were they are with the leveling up chaps building a Wembley of the North next door the rags can rent for 30 bob a week whilst selling the swamp and pocketing the cash.
Nearly right , they will use old site for fracking

I work in Trafford Park about 10 minutes walk from The Swamp and between the stadium and where I am there is - somewhat worryingly - a fair bit of unused land. There's also a huge chunk of land owned by them right opposite our works that is currently used for match-day parking. I think they could conceivably slap a new stadium on there and while that's being built they could keep playing at The Swamp. I suppose it all depends on how much they're prepared to spend but that would seem to be the most realistic and least disruptive option.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.