PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Quite a lot of the media noise seems to be shifting to our perceived lack of cooperation rather than breaking any financial rules, almost as though they’re hearing rumblings that this is all the Premier League has left in their hopes of pinning something on us.
What confuses me, is that in March 2023, Mancini said he hadn't been contacted by anyone at the Premier League.

The investigation supposedly started in December 2018.

Sounds like there was very little investigation to cooperate with.

Tbf none cooperation in of itself is a bullshit charge, if the pl want to make a case against the club then it is up to the pl to provide the evidence, quite simply if you want me to kill me id be a fucking idiot to hand you the gun, yet this is what the pl were expecting

The difference to this time is that in 2019 the club withheld information that UEFA had a right to ask for, iirc. This time, the club confirming it has fully cooperated means to me that it hasn't provided information that the PL, in the opinion of the club, doesn't have a right to ask for. The only thing I can think of is external information from the owner and sponsors.

Remember the PL rules were amended last season to require clubs to make best efforts to obtain external information when requested? It seems to me that was directly aimed at City.

And remember it was reported after the referral that the club had challenged two things: that the person choosing the panel was an Arsenal fan (always seemed unlikely to me) and (much more likely) that the rules that should be applied to each year are the rules in place at the time, not the rules currently in place? It seems that was directly challenging the new rule on external information.

Anyway, the upshot imho is that I don't think non-cooperation is a slam dunk for the PL this time .....

I love how Stefan is just so calm and doesn't rise to the bait and call out the other 2 as the media fuckwits they are. Pretty sure I would have done.

Presumably its taking so long because the PL are trying to track down the person who first sang the Mancini chant to put their composition into evidence.

Mancini, whoa whoa
Mancini whoa whoa
He comes from Italy
We paid him secretly
Mancini whoa whoa

Actually I may have just made a blunder there - they now have written evidence!
Shit.

Guess who's the lawyer and football finance expert? And who isn't?
Jordan is only interested in a guilty verdict and the quicker it comes the happier he will be. He does look as though he's somewhat enraged that The Good Sheikh, Koolhand Khaldoon, Pep and the entire squad haven't been consigned to The Tower as a precursor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.