PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I see the debate about the club going onto the front foot or not is still raging whilst I've been sleeping.

It is frustrating that the club effectively just issued a brief, non-confrontational statement when charged and have said fuck all since then. I can't see that changing because as I posted last night it's just business to them. The level they work at involves far more challenging situations than this for starters and it's not affecting the progress or success of the club in any way. I'm certain that Khaldoon isn't raging after listening to Simon Jordon on TS or reading the latest shite Harris has posted on X. We as supporters feel it entirely differently to them and that's not changing.

If disaster struck and we ended up relegated to God knows where and they couldn't overturn it then our owner would decide what he wanted to do with the club. It's not going to dent his finances in any meaningful way and I'm sure he'd get over it far quicker than we would.

I'll be surprised that anyone at the top at city knows what's going on in the media social media in this country bet they are oblivious to it all..

It’s working well for us so far.
Keeping our powder tinder-dry.
Let the narrative against us build and build and build. Then flick it over with the slightest, most beautiful, delicate, insouciant “you wouldn’t listen would you?” yawn...
The concern, and not without foundation, is the club carries on in the same vein after we are cleared.

Probably sat In his front room stuffed with all the cash the **** skimmed off the gate money.
How things have changed.
In those days we knew the gate receipts were being understated whereas now we are in dispute for overstating income.
The scrap dealers of yesteryear owned or partly owned football clubs so maybe that legacy prevails when business plans and investment strategies overtake pound notes and brown envelopes.

The concern, and not without foundation, is the club carries on in the same vein after we are cleared.
Personally I’d be disappointed if we didn’t.
It’s called class. Something new to football.
All that’s need is a khaldoon end of season smack down interview

What is wrong though is the way the rules are constantly being changed or “updated” when they start to impact the red yankee clubs. Thats when it becomes hard to “comply”

I know what everyone is trying to say and you are all right. The FFP rules are poor and they are being changed to punish certain clubs and restrict their investment. But Everton and Forest (and Chelsea for that matter) weren't affected by those rule changes. They spent more than they knew they "should" have according to the rules, banked on a fine and then panicked when points deductions started to be handed out. They should have been more prudent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.