PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It does though. Trying to explain to someone the difference between the numbers involved. Everton or Forests one breach/ failure of FFP/PSR was resultant of a 'number' of charges against them (not just one).
Just wanted to be able to back it up, with the actual numbers from a Forest or Everton perspective.

I know what you mean but it really doesn't. My advice is to not even argue about the number of charges. Once you get into that discussion, you have fallen into the trap of discussing stupid stuff with stupid people. You will never win.

If people want to argue with you about the 115 charges, just ask them what they think they are.

Anything happening ?
No, ok...
Only certain gobshites in the media preparing for us to be cleared by spouting shite like were deliberately delaying the verdict ergo were guilty morally and should punished accordingly.

The dye has been cast. Even if we are cleared and sue every fucker who's slandered us into bankruptcy. The most tribal of football fans (red cunts) have decided we've cheated them out of titles and trophies as a coping mechanism for having their arses handed to them on the pitch on numerous occasions.

The clubs are shareholders if I am not mistaken. They vote on key decisions in general meeting. The board is made up of an executive chairman, a CEO and a few non-execs. The CEO afaik is responsible for running the PL how he sees fit, subject to key decisions being approved in general meeting. Is that not right?
I’m sure it is, but it’s not as described a month or two ago on an Athletic podcast.

They didn’t conclude that, that was just a summation of the facts in the conclusion as that was never an allegation put forward by UEFA. It’s the rest of the conclusion that gives their judgment on the allegations, which was that they were not comfortably
satisfied that any disguised equity was used to fund it.

What they said about Etihad was that neither hypothesis could be fully proved.

You are both right, I think. CAS did say there was no doubt Etihad had fulfilled its obligations to the club, as they had paid in full. But that wasn't contested by UEFA and it wasn't the charge, anyway. The charge was that ADUG had funded most of the sponsorship monies that were then paid to the club. This is the element on which CAS were not comfortably satisfied by the evidence presented by UEFA, taking into account the counter-evidence presented by the club.

Last edited:
You are both right, I think. CAS did say there was no doubt Etihad had fulfilled its obligations to the club, is they had paid in full. But that wasnt contested by UEFA and it wasn't the charge, anyway. The charge was that ADUG had funded most of the sponsorship monies that were then paid to the club. This is the element on which CAS were not comfortably satisfied by the evidence presented by UEDA, taking into account the counter-evidence presented by the club.

That’s what I said :) The point I was making is it wasn’t a strong statement to put into the judgment to say Etihad paid their obligations in full, it was just a summation of fact that wasn’t contested by anyone anyway and wasn’t the allegation.

It does though. Trying to explain to someone the difference between the numbers involved. Everton or Forests one breach/ failure of FFP/PSR was resultant of a 'number' of charges against them (not just one).
Just wanted to be able to back it up, with the actual numbers from a Forest or Everton perspective.
I wouldn't give them time of day mate.

Only certain gobshites in the media preparing for us to be cleared by spouting shite like were deliberately delaying the verdict ergo were guilty morally and should punished accordingly.

The dye has been cast. Even if we are cleared and sue every fucker who's slandered us into bankruptcy. The most tribal of football fans (red cunts) have decided we've cheated them out of titles and trophies as a coping mechanism for having their arses handed to them on the pitch on numerous occasions.

And I, for one, don't care :)

But then again I don't live amongst these arseholes...... so I do feel your pain.

theres an article floating about this morning saying we should have a 690 point deduction and be relegated, but heres the kicker when we get back in to the prem each time we start on negative 690 points so you start the season already relegated and then work the points off......

Crazy how much people are desperate for city to be found guilty. It really does show mob mentality is not just in person but is digital too.
Football 365 is a bullshit online publication, which is professionally designed to make it look legitimate.

I actually thought it was quite big outfit by the look of it, but apparently it's little more than a 'one man & his dog' blog, evidently penned by a bitter rival fan.

Nearly every story I read from them was anti-City, so it was placed on my sensationalist ignore list.

As Stefan has said many times in his interviews and debates, there is no issue with clubs proposing, or voting for rules which will benefit them, that's normal and reflects life in general. What we (meaning all fans of any PL club) should have an issue with are clubs colluding to specifically target any organisation that becomes, or are looking to become more successful. In literally any other industry that is deemed illegal and anti-competitive, yet here we are in 2024 and one of the highest value industries in the world where it is alive and kicking, more so it actual seems to be the normal way of operating for the PL. How the government have not stepped in sooner astounds me, the PL stopped being "just sport" long ago.
Spot-on. The Governnment (and opposition) realise that football has become one of our biggest industries at a time when the UK has very few positive things happening in the economy. I am sceptical that an independent regulator will work in the long run but it may provide leverage to clean up some of the dodgy elements in the way football is governed. My gut feeling is that under the surface the PL is just as unethical as FIFA and UEFA have been found to be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.