PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Does anyone think the PL will still go ahead with the case if the rumours are true just to save some face and to give the impression the PL tried to charge City with the 115 allegations, rather than just giving up and trying to agree a deal with City in private? UEFA tried again and lost at CAS. There are numerous instances of this happening with the Police, the CPS, newspapers and other organisations that knew they were wrong and wouldn’t win the case, but they still went ahead with the case and lost.
Uefa didn’t really give a shit about how the case went as long as they got an “Arab” to pay up. Apologies if that offends. Driven by Munich and Tebas, leaking like a sieve and appointing dodgy characters to execute us on sight. They got their money and managed to stop a super league for now.

The premier is our bread and butter. Anything really damaging that comes out of this would be a fatal wound to both club and league for which both would struggle to recover. It’s madness, the league should have taken the easy way out after CAS. Quick statement saying they respect the independent decisions and support their champions. Oh no that was not allowed, spurs and the rest constantly in their ears to move the goalposts out of jealously and probably some racism.

IMO the line will be that they had a duty to investigate the claims of false accounting. City did not provide the information requested and it went to a tribunal were if we had seen this information, the matter would have been resolved. A fine for not giving them a loaded gun, probably some shit about some of the accounting practices and that will be that. Everyone will know it’s a load of shit and on we go.

It’s the price of success. As city fans we have been absolutely spoiled on the pitch but because we won and took their revenue we had to be punished. Some will say it’s not worth it. This is real life greed and whether the other teams like it or not, city are here to stay as a team that competes for honours.

It’s a bloody expensive smack in the mouth.

Asside from Goldridge admitting he's received legal correspondence from City.
A Utd fan who finds Goldbridge an amusing arse told me about the confession - but no way was I watching all the rest of his and other's shit to find it!

Point me to the bit where he admits receiving a letter mate I must be missing it?

Fair enough, i can see your reasoning. However, you look at the incident predominantly from a defenders point of view.
Every footballer has a right to challenge for a ball, but whether they can without contravening the laws of the game is the issue.
The defender was,caught out of position because his team was caught out of position. The defender has the legal challenge right to block the shot, but that's not what he did.
Due to his bad positioning and accurate play from City (which by the way is what goals are mostly built upon) he lunged into the attacker, missed the ball took out the player and that constitutes a penalty kick.
I would even go so far as to say it was an out of control challenge that endangered the opposing player.
Apart from the dangerous challenge the exact same scenario happens for the 2nd penalty, and everyone agrees that's a stonewall.
That's how I see it.
I understand the rules and take your point but a penalty given for a foul committed after the forward has completed his play cannot be right in logic. Perhaps in those situations an indirect free kick would be appropriate. Minus you VAR would probably cock that up too

100%, it would look even worse for the league if they withdrew the charges now, a PR disaster.
I'm not sure it would be a PR disaster.
The PL could simply say there were a lot of charges and they wanted to investigate fully before taking it to a hearing.
Losing in court would be a significantly worse in terms of PR.
It also wouldn't surprise me if City work with the PL to reduce the damage to the PL's reputation. We need the broadcast revenue as much as any other team. The reputation of individual PL officials is already shot to pieces.

I'm not sure it would be a PR disaster.
The PL could simply say there were a lot of charges and they wanted to investigate fully before taking it to a hearing.
Losing in court would be a significantly worse in terms of PR.
It also wouldn't surprise me if City work with the PL to reduce the damage to the PL's reputation. We need the broadcast revenue as much as any other team. The reputation of individual PL officials is already shot to pieces.
Disagree, they took years to bring these charges then just over 12 months later they admit they were wrong.

No doubt both parties will work together on a final resolution but it is looking like we will be the one dictating EVERY detail.

I got in too deep and too far to pull the handbrake on the off topic slide. Won't happen again.
Talking of handbrakes, my Nissan is jumping slightly when I engage the electronic handbrake. Anyone know anything about this?
You got to hit that electronic handbrake 115 times if it’s jumping. Nissan is a certified rag automobile. Lord pannick is the guy for this job.

No. Either the conduct was concealed deliberately in which case the limitation period is basically irrelevant, or it wasn’t concealed deliberately in which case (a) the claim is statute barred and (b) the claim fails on the merits in any event. There’s no middle ground where we get found guilty but not punished.
So your vigourously agreeing with me. :-D
If the attempt to show fraud (criminal law) is not proven than most of it is not proven.

Disagree, they took years to bring these charges then just over 12 months later they admit they were wrong.

No doubt both parties will work together on a final resolution but it is looking like we will be the one dictating EVERY detail.
The PL will look a bunch of prats whatever happens. We just disagree as to which outcome (losing in court or dropping charges) is the lesser of two evils from a reputation perspective.
I believe that if the charges are to be dropped it will happen just after the end of the season in the hope that the Euros will concentrate minds elsewhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.