PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I think the statements the club have issued, have not been given enough merit or mention.

Stefan has repeatedly pointed out that as a starting point, it would have to be considered as unlikley that deceit of this scale involving so many people has been carried out for so long. Based on basic logic as well audited books and evidence.

Well to me, the same goes for their statements. They are completely unambiguous, direct, and proclaiming total innocence.

To think we are guilty is then presuming the heads of the club, are outright lying.

Serious and significant people, with built up trust and worldwide connections, publicly lying. I don't see that. And that's before you bring cultural traits into it. While we all know about sportswashing and human rights in the Arab world, their cultural value of honesty is not often brought up.

Contrast for example, our statements on both the uefa and PL cases, to our 2014 statement, which while it set out a position of no deliberate wrongdoing, it was more reserved and did use the word like 'difference of interpretation', 'in normal circumstances' etc which left room for it to play out. These have left no doubt that the club are convinced they have done nothing wrong, and I think that should be mentioned more.
100% this, great post.

If our irrefutable evidence is found to be wrong and we are guilty we are truly @uked and will be destroyed as a club and looking for new ownership.

The consequences of guilt for our club and our owner's nation are to scary to think about.

And I just want to say I am 99.99999% certain of our innocence.

Of course they can pay lawyers however much they want to put their case forward and lawyers will act on their behalf but I doubt the lawyers who are as highly qualified as hours will have told them that this is a baseless smear campaign and that they'll look fucking ridiculous because there's zero chance of winning and infact be ridiculed because it's no more than a fishing expedition, for them then still to proceed with the case anyway.

Masters/PL are obviously keen enough to run with it, I'd be amazed if that's with the knowledge from their own well regarded solicitors that it's got no chance as you suggest.
Prepare to be amazed,4 probably 5 years of a smear campaign, that effected all our income sources and all costs, would have put most clubs under, so yes they would have gone into this with 0% chance of winning. And at that point a big hand to all our Business managers who will have worked under huge pressure and stress over the years.

Spot on. I remember listening to Talkshite one morning when getting a lift to work just after UEFA announced they’d banned us for 2 years. Somewhat incredibly, Alan Brazil of all people was one of a very small number in the media ever to actually suggest we might be innocent. He had Ziegler on the show and said something along the lines of “Well City have issued a statement saying they’re innocent of any wrongdoing. Surely that counts for something?”, only for that **** Ziegler to completely ignore what Brazil had just said.
Correct, this is why it's completely disingenuous for the likes of Jordan to say he doesn't have an agenda against City.

Every single thing he says with respect to the PL charges and City is negative with an obvious underlying assumed City guilt.

7 The fact that statutory audit is a fastidious process, meaning the auditors would have sought written assurances to support the club's position re the alleged infractions before providing unqualified audit reports.

8 the nature of the charges meaning multiple parties (including auditors) would be implicated in either colluding with City or being defrauded by City.

9 the high legal bar which must accordingly be cleared.
I’m not sure how I missed those. The fact that the auditors didn’t resign when the allegations first surfaced has always been a source of great encouragement for me.

100% this, great post.

If our irrefutable evidence is found to be wrong and we are guilty we are truly @uked and will be destroyed as a club and looking for new ownership.

The consequences of guilt for our club and our owner's nation are to scary to think about.

And I just want to say I am 99.99999% certain of our innocence.

Agree. For the pl to have evidence that can cause that amount of damage to our club, owners, Royalty, worldwide companies, governments, is just to far fetched.
How many countries and companies would stop dealing with our owners if they aren't trustworthy ?

For the pl to rush out the charge sheet with so many mistakes on it is mind boggling. Fuck me the pl couldn't even get the charge sheet right but have all this evidence to cause worldwide fallout between governments and Royalty, to bring down multi billion pound companies.

To me this feeling like American lead. Its the sort of thing American does, doesnt like the way a country is run so invades, brings that government down than leaves. Leaving the country in a worst mess than it was before.

In football terms the Americans don't like the way our club is run and who owns it. So that's bring a load of jumped up charges to cause maximum bad press. They don't worry about the end, what will happen when the truth comes out. Much the same way Americans don't worry about leaving a country its invaded in the shit when it leaves.

American never does forward planning it shoots first.

So when ever I fell unsure about these charges I just remember the above and think how on earth have the pl got the power to do this !

Agree. For the pl to have evidence that can cause that amount of damage to our club, owners, Royalty, worldwide companies, governments, is just to far fetched.
How many countries and companies would stop dealing with our owners if they aren't trustworthy ?

For the pl to rush out the charge sheet with so many mistakes on it is mind boggling. Fuck me the pl couldn't even get the charge sheet right but have all this evidence to cause worldwide fallout between governments and Royalty, to bring down multi billion pound companies.

To me this feeling like American lead. Its the sort of thing American does, doesnt like the way a country is run so invades, brings that government down than leaves. Leaving the country in a worst mess than it was before.

In football terms the Americans don't like the way our club is run and who owns it. So that's bring a load of jumped up charges to cause maximum bad press. They don't worry about the end, what will happen when the truth comes out. Much the same way Americans don't worry about leaving a country its invaded in the shit when it leaves.

So when ever I fell unsure about these charges I just remember the above and think how on earth have the pl got the power to do this !
Twice like

Take a bow son.

I sense a stiich up of this nature happening for the final games. It's like every fucker on the British Isles who isn't a City fan wants Arse to win this, especially the powers that be.
We need to win these games by 3 or 4 goals.
Btw how can they have a bloke from Ashton officiating in a City game, that's fucking insane :(
No worse than having a guy from Wythenshawe and from a rag supporting family, reffing both City and rag games

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.