PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The last one there the rags seems to be fine with that one after breaking European ffp rules

I think it's not just a break-even thing, it will be the equivalent of filing incorrect accounts with the PL. So, filing incorrect accounts with UEFA.

We don't know for sure, of course. Actually, we don't know anything for sure other than the list of rules that have allegedly been breached. We can make educated guesses, though.

Going back over two days and more than 20 pages in the thread, but I liked this post when I saw it and think it raises an important but oft-overlooked point. I fully agree with your final sentence, but what most people generally haven't realised is that it would be manifestly straightforward for City to operate successfully, from the club's point of view, within the rules we're accused of breaking.

It's commonly asserted that we have access to the best and most expensive professional advice (not invariably the same thing, but the aphorism that one gets what one pays for is as true here as in any other context). Why is it so hard for people to believe that, having recourse to the services of leading professionals, we were able to find ways to circumvent the rules in question?

Now, you'll get the usual simpletons bleating risibly about the "spirit of the regulations" or other similar nonsense, in the way I believe Shaun Custis has been on Talksport this morning with reference to our recent signing of the American teenager Cavan Sullivan. However, as @Chris in London posted some time back, the "spirit of the [regulations we're accused of having breached] was to give the established G14 teams a competitive advantage at our expense [so] I frankly don't give a fuck".

This all illustrates how invidious the coverage of the entire issue has been. The Football Leaks/Der Spiegel revelations have been almost universally presented as a metaphorical smoking gun when, as many of us said at the time, they represented no such thing. They could be read in that light, but were equally consistent with a business trying to find ways to operate lawfully within the relevant rules notwithstanding that such rules had been deliberately crafted to stymie us.

A coterie of bad-faith liars have sought to drive coverage in that direction. Others, with no understanding of the business side of football, tag along, fearful of the derision that would ensue were they to gainsay the prevailing groupthink. And the result now is that we're habitually confronted by a disheartening parade of imbeciles who witlessly parrot the line about 115 charges, thinking that they're outlining a telling line of reasoning. Pathetic.

The line of thinking that always amazes me is the idea that Mansour was so influential in Abu Dhabi that he could tell a highly-regulated company in a highly-regulated industry that he would give them some money on the side to top-up the City sponsorship, but he wasn't influential enough, or wasn't smart enough, to have got the state to fund Etihad with a tiny bit more money so they could pay the sponsorship directly.

I just don't see the joined-up thinking in these allegations.

They aren't dealing with some idiot Del Boy character here .....

Edit: That would be Chelsea we are talking about there. Sorry, couldn't resist :)

Last edited:
Chelsea are getting increasingly creative / desperate to get out of their PSR bind. This exclusive has gone viral for Stefan

Well if it's all legal they found the loop hole that will let them spend again this summer! Maybe if we tried this 10 year ago the loop hole would have been tied off! Because we know the media would be all over it till it was changed..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.