PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Once the PL channels have been exhausted the rules end - they can't make rules which get rid of any other recourse to justice/ if the High Court doesn't accept the case it is up to them not the PL. It isn't straight forward, and not no precedent quite like it, so anything could happen.

Same with the FA when Sugar challenged them in court and won.

Similar with the RFL, they make the rules and ban certain players, but can't afford legal challenges. Like when Catalans signed Falou, they just backed down.

Last edited:
They will find an angle, no doubt. These people are no mugs.
As City have been expecting this I wouldn’t be surprised if we’ve already got our angles sorted. The whole affair stinks of trying to exploit an element of surprise. The PL have had four years to investigate likewise we’ve had four years to prepare, fuck em!

Not bothered in the slightest. Not even read anything to do with all this. I've had my Aguero moment, I've seen us win things I never thought I'd see in my lifetime. I've experienced goals, games, wins, defeats in finals, last minute winners in important games, seen us go toe to toe with the big boys where before we were not able too. I've seen the 6-1. I've seen the fucking lot and no matter what happens from there I don't care because I've already lived it, breathed it, felt it with every inch of my heart and soul.
I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.
All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

Am I concerned? Of course I am, but I’m also confident we have everything they do that incriminates us, but also we have our defence on top. As has been said, our owners are no mugs and I believe they have a plan or strategy to overturn any nonsense thrown our way.

My take.

The law says that decisions of private orgs aren’t subject to judicial review in the same way as public authority decisions are.

The general approach of the courts to decisions made by bodies like the PL is not to interfere with their decisions. They are the experts. Regardless of what the rules do or do not say about where final says are had the high court DOES retain a supervisory role over the procedure such bodies use to make their decisions.

That’s helpful to us because if the PL panel do not apply the high bar reasoning CAS did to support any finding of deliberate book cooking then that in itself is something the high court can look at. See paras 12 and 13 here

I am sure the PL won’t do a thorough job at first instance, either through cock up or conspiracy.
I can't see the judgement without signing up with vlex. But it establishes the jurisdiction of the court.

Thanks for that.

I'm still a bit surprised that the ECJ didn't rule that FFP rules were unfair restraint of trade, but I guess that ship has sailed.

But it seems bizarre to include breach of UEFA rules after the CAS appeal. It feels like double jeopardy - could we go to CAS just on that issue? "CAS, please can you rule on this crude attempt to undermine your previous decision?"

Just me looking forward to watching what’s about to come next? Surely not?

They will rue the day, I have absolutely no doubt!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.