PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I get the joke if only it was a joke ;)

But this is serious stuff ! Chelsea failed UEFA ffp the pl are investigating them Chelsea. Rags failed UEFA ffp, pl do nothing, press/media sweep it under the carpet. Everton over spent by peanuts 20mill and paying to build a new modern stadium. 10 points lose.
City cleared by CAS yet the pl come up with 115 charges.
Only a matter of time before Newcastle get charged with something.

Would I be mad in suggesting these clubs get together as one it's clear the red tops are working together to stop any competition.

All these clubs that the pl charge are about improving their success, stadium, community work etc.

Dippers and rags stand for every thing these clubs arent. We all know the dirty history of both clubs. Both clubs behave very similar to each other we could include arsenal as well but I dont think arsenal have bought up houses and left derelict or kick widows out of their homes etc.

I feel the pressure on the pl will find us guilty and than all hell will be let lose and the end of football as we know it.

I can see a closed league with just American owners and an other league for us and others. It will be like darts, boxing, like golf tried. Two leagues fighting for tv rights etc.
ref your last paragraph I was thinking the very same. Maybe another super league but this time make it a FIFA superleague and a version of the champions league, a FIFA World Series even. Freeze out the red shirt teams. Of course this is probably fantasy stuff but clubs who are tired of the status quo may have little choice.

A few have said that the PL would suffer if they relegated City and Chelsea. I'm not sure it would. I don't think it'll happen either - I suppose people are looking at the nuclear option. However, if we got relegated the PL would have the league being battled out with the Rags and the Dippers right up there. Anyone who thinks that wouldn't sell globally has been on the sauce. The PL's we dream is to have the Rags and Dippers fighting it out again.
How watered down would PL if we were not there?

My Spuds season ticket holding country cousins are lapping it up. One sent me a message saying next year's derby will be against Oldham Athletic!

One's an accountant, & one's a computer analyst, but both are as dunce as fuck where football's concerned & I can't even be arsed explaining beyond the headlines what the true situation is.

I merely told them to connect the dots.

The government announce they're considering an independent football regulator, within hours the PL charge City.

The government announce they're setting up an independent football regulator, within hours the PL find Everton guilty.

I love my family, but for fuck's sake they're as thick as pig shit where the nuances of football are concerned.

OR perhaps they just couldn't give a shit, because a PL without City benefits Spuds. Probably a bit of both. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
As I always say to my village idiot Spuds supporting relatives, "you can always tell a Spurs fan, but you can never tell a Spurs fan", and they have absolutely no idea what I'm going on about.

Last edited:
The people who absolutely do know the truth about City, are City and their public statement is clear and unequivocal.

Khaldoon is much more than City Chairman and risking his credibility by getting behind the club’s adamant stance that it is innocent is not what you would expect if he knew City were guilty, and he must know the facts.

Maybe the Premier League have damning evidence that is not in the public domain but at this point their case looks to be rather speculative and that should not be enough to find City guilty. The worry is that the Commission will not apply the standards required.

As ever, what is most annoying about this is that whether City are guilty of breaking / bending rules, all they have actually done is invest in the club to make it competitive. The way in which City have developed shows them to be a superior organisation to any of the football authorities of the Red Cartel members but they could be punished because the speed at which City have invested is too fast in the view of people who are not experts in the matter. It is appalling and should be illegal. City need to prevail here.
Absolutely. City have insisted without wavering that we have broken no regulations, infringed no laws and did comply with UEFA regulations back in 2013 until UEFA moved to entrapment and City took the pinch. Any objective consideration of the personalities involved shows that Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon and Ferran Soriano are respected internationally as businessmen with a record of long term investment and development. In no way do they have the profile of fraudsters. In every way the contrast with the miser Levy, with the seedy bunch at FSG and the dodgy Glazers is clear. Everywhere the scrupulous concern for propriety at City is at the opposite pole to the ruthless selfishness of corporate America. City MUST prevail, the hold of a bunch of clubs on English football MUST be broken and football MUST be allowed the investment it so needs. Having said all this I do retain my faith in our law, and I do believe the commission will be independent and it will find totally in City's favour. If it is perverse I do believe an appeal to the courts will be received and they will find in our favour.

They honestly believe if not for corrupt City, Spuds would have been in the CL in the years they didn't qualify.

Us not cheating to qualify would mean an extra CL space which Spuds think they'd have taken.

My cousin's actually blame their lack of success on City's success. 乁⁠(⁠ ⁠•⁠_⁠•⁠ ⁠)⁠ㄏ
Ask them about the huge Spurs scandal in the 90s when Spurs were initially given a twelve point deduction. eventually overturned and just a fine instead. Ask them who they robbed of trophies those years?

I get the joke if only it was a joke ;)

But this is serious stuff ! Chelsea failed UEFA ffp the pl are investigating them Chelsea. Rags failed UEFA ffp, pl do nothing, press/media sweep it under the carpet. Everton over spent by peanuts 20mill and paying to build a new modern stadium. 10 points lose.
City cleared by CAS yet the pl come up with 115 charges.
Only a matter of time before Newcastle get charged with something.

Would I be mad in suggesting these clubs get together as one it's clear the red tops are working together to stop any competition.

All these clubs that the pl charge are about improving their success, stadium, community work etc.

Dippers and rags stand for every thing these clubs arent. We all know the dirty history of both clubs. Both clubs behave very similar to each other we could include arsenal as well but I dont think arsenal have bought up houses and left derelict or kick widows out of their homes etc.

I feel the pressure on the pl will find us guilty and than all hell will be let lose and the end of football as we know it.

I can see a closed league with just American owners and an other league for us and others. It will be like darts, boxing, like golf tried. Two leagues fighting for tv rights etc.

Boro couldn’t fulfil a fixture due to a virus were assured it could be called off & got 3 points docked.

The Rags couldn’t fulfil 2 fixtures due to security incompetence. The first after leaving a hoax bomb in a toilet needing 75k people being evacuated. The second when their fans stormed the ground attacking police & stewards in a potential title decider.

I can’t believe the fallout from TV on both occasions wasn’t nuclear - not a fucking Dickie bird.

I'm beginning to think that that European Super League wasn't tha bad an idea. We're going to be fucked over by the Premier league.

Everton should be screaming and demanding to know why the Rags failed Uefa FFP but no investigation or charges by the PL.
As for the Dippers, remember they only escaped FFP by cooking the books with expenditure for a new stadium that never happened:
Liverpool made a loss of £49.8m for the 2012-13 season, and £40.5m for the 10-month period before that.

The Merseyside club will hope to avoid any sanctions by writing off a big chunk of losses as allowable stadium expenditure - the 2011-12 accounts reported that £49.6m was associated with Liverpool’s stadium costs, £35m coming from former co-owner Tom Hicks’ aborted plan to build a new stadium on Stanley Park which new owners Fenway Sports Group had to scrap.

All this outrage in comments on sites, remember we have been charged only, not yet found guilty. Rags and Chelsea have been found guilty and got pathetic token fines
I have it on good authority that that £49m was legitimate expenditure and I believe the source as they are about to buy some paper clips from me for a £1k a clip!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.