PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Not “beyond all reasonable doubt” but on the balance of probabilities.
On the balance of probabilities the rags should be challenging for the league, spent a billion quid, signed the best in each position according to the press, continuous legs up by pgmol, pr run by a forgiving press, the league table and reality tells a different story

Thanks for the reply. I’m optimistic that it’ll all blow over, but there’s always that little nag in the back of your mind that asks What if.

I guess it’s part of the cynical society we now live in where all news is questioned and facts only believed if they fit the agenda people want to believe.
I should add as well that there would be a good chance that the High Court may find that a "guilty" judgement at the IC might be found to have prejudiced any further consideration of the charges if based on grounds of reasonable doubt (just as some newspaper coverage of high profile events does) and conversely, if the IC reaches its decision on grounds of probability, City could argue that this also prejudiced further consideration because the IC had planted the seed that the evidence was not sufficiently convincing to establish guilt beyond all reasonable doubt!

In work and a dipper expert explaining to a rag why city are fucked. Were going to be got hard aparently. Might aswell end the season now. Were done for
No idea what you do, may be a fantastically well paid or not, and this is not to insult you. If i assume your role is not a CEO of a huge company and you are not getting 500k+ a year, then ask the pair of them why the fuck they are working at your place if they know so much. These lawyers will be on 7 figure salaries, but you have 2 experts on £10 an hour clearly in the wrong jobs....

Like the PL's relationship with the Red Top Mafia & Spuds, UEFA were terrified by the spectre of the ESL, so danced to any tune the G14 plucked on their battered banjo.

Because UEFA & the PL are essentially private members clubs, I don't think they understood how vehemently City would deny & defend these breaches, & the problems it'd bring them.

In 2014, Khaldoon did warn that we'd take a pinch that time, but if they came after us again, rather than pay a £30m fine, he'd spend that on the world's best lawyers & sink the lot of them!

UEFA's a private members club, so in their sphere we operate under their rules regardless of how unfair some may seem. But the moment we stepped out of their realm & into the real world where you can make all the accusations you like, but you actually need hard physical evidence to go with them, UEFA were essentially fucked. EG:

UEFA - The cheating bastards City got Sheikh Mansour to give Jaber Mohammed £30m, which he gave to City, claiming it was from a bridging loan on behalf of Etisalat.

CAS - Proof?

UEFA - Our Spidey senses were tingling.

CAS - So no bank transfer statements from HRH to Jaber Mohammed? No recordings? No witnesses?

UEFA - Nope! Just our tingling Spidey senses.

CAS - Get the fuck out, & try not to let the door slam you on the arse!

As for you City, hold this £10m fine for non-cooperation.

City - Coolio. HRH, dya wanna get this bill or shall we?

UEFA - Drat & double drat! We'd have got City if not for those pesky interfering CAS bastards!

As for appeals, the PL have a nine person panel, of which three are chosen at random to adjudicate. If we choose to appeal their decision, a further three are chosen to look over the case again.

The only way we can appeal beyond the PL, is if we believe there was something wrong with the actual nuts & bolts of the process, but NOT with the PL's decision itself.

With the government talking about setting up IREF in this Parliament, the PL are now desperate to get this process resolved in their favour before it's taken out of their hands by the Independent Regulator for English Football.

After announcing our tribunal's to be held this autumn, everyone's awaiting with interest the Telegraph's claim that the PL are to make a major announcement regarding City's breaches this week.

I'd hazard a bet that the PL are wishing they'd never commenced this bullshit, as they're drowning in a vat of excrement, all from their own secretions.
My guess is that the PL never wanted to take it as far as this. Certainly ever since the CAS hearing as it appears that they don't have anything more in the way of evidence than UEFA had. An article in The Athletic (I know!) soon after we won at CAS made the point that the expectation was that the PL investigation would collapse off the back of that verdict. Yet it didn't and we have to ask ourselves why it didn't. Without knowing for sure, there's a huge whiff of the PL being railroaded into this by certain clubs and individuals.

Incidently, all the PL clubs could be kicked out of UEFA and FIFA competitions if this comes to pass by the political interference in football membership clauses.
That will be another one to watch out for. I'm sure Spanish, German and Italian clubs will be keen to pull the trigger.

Not sure regulation is the same as political interference. And, in the political spirit, I am pretty sure FIFA and UEFA will need the national associations and European governments on board to prevent an ESL.

I agree, there‘s the problem, all the time. Goodness knows how many times I have got off an Everton supporter in work or hear constant mutterings form others of “115 charges“, or “cheats”. I used to get a bit wound up by it, but now I just smile and say “let’s see” but it does get on your nerves.
What's your job again?

;)

My guess is that the PL never wanted to take it as far as this. Certainly ever since the CAS hearing as it appears that they don't have anything more in the way of evidence than UEFA had. An article in The Athletic (I know!) soon after we won at CAS made the point that the expectation was that the PL investigation would collapse off the back of that verdict. Yet it didn't and we have to ask ourselves why it didn't. Without knowing for sure, there's a huge whiff of the PL being railroaded into this by certain clubs and individuals.
Agreed 100%

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.