PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Have you ever noticed what amazing imaginations the dippers have ?

Last night I was talking to one who unfortunately lives in my apartment block. Now as far as your average dip goes just about everything wrong in the world is down to us and this includes the REAL reason why Klipperty has just thrown his toys out of the cot.

He said there are two (completely contradictory) rumours going round murkyside atm...

[1] Klipperty was told by Klanfield itk types that the chances are the PL charges will fail miserably to stop our march to world dominance. Consequently he decided he couldn't face the prospect of carrying on ie we've finally managed to break him.

[2] Klipperty was told by the Klanfield itk types that if we are shafted big time by the PL then FSG are going all out legal to get our titles revoked so the dips get retrospective trophies. And as a fine upstanding chap he had a complete melt down and told FSG he wants absolutely nothing to do with retro titles being awarded after they have been taken of fellow professionals. Yourgone thinks Pep and the players earnt the titles on the pitch fair and square and any sanctions should be against the owners only.

re [2] Everyone thinks you can punish owners without mentioning "fans", but hey ho who cares about them.

They do live very close to the sea, maybe its down to the salt levels in the atmosphere...

Last edited:

Last night I was talking to one who unfortunately lives in my apartment block. Now as far as your average dip goes just about everything wrong in the world is down to us and this includes the REAL reason why Klipperty has just thrown his toys out of the cot.

He said there are two (completely contradictory) rumours going round murkyside atm...

[1] Klipperty was told by Klanfield itk types that the chances are the PL charges will fail miserably to stop our march to world dominance. Consequently he decided he couldn't face the prospect of carrying on ie we've finally managed to break him.

[2] Klipperty was told by the Klanfield itk types that if we are shafted big time by the PL then FSG are going all out legal to get our titles revoked so the dips get retrospective trophies. And as a fine upstanding chap he had a complete melt down and told FSG he wants absolutely nothing to do with retro titles being awarded after they have been taken of fellow professionals. Yourgone thinks Pep and the players earnt the titles on the pitch fair and square and any sanctions should be against the owners only.

re [2] Everyone thinks you can punish owners without mentioning "fans", but hey ho who cares about them.

They do live very close to the sea, maybe its down to the salt levels in the atmosphere...
Or heroin

My impression is that HMRC and PL requirements are different even though they overlap to some degree.

Hypothetical example (and not necessarily relevant):
Sheikh Mansour invests 50M in City directly.
Sheikh Mansour gives 50M to Anonymous Sheikh Ltd, and Anonymous Sheikh Ltd invest 50M in City.

HMRC really don't care whether that money came from Sheikh Mansour.
PL FFP very much might do, as this may fall under disguised equity.
A brilliant & succinct analogy.

This is it in a nutshell. The difference between the PL's "Rules" & UK Law. The PL can use all the KC'S they want, it doesn't change a damn thing.

Agreed. Back to my original point, they would need to try and find some way of evidencing this, as the books from CFG and the other companies wouldn't give any meaningful insight. There will not be an entry in the transfer from Anonymous Sheikh Ltd that says "Dodgy money from the boss". Therefore the PL would have to try and either evidence the reason for the transfer via other means, such as hacked emails or testiment from those involved, many of which would be external to CFG.
Hence the difference between the PL's balance of probabilities, & beyond all reasonable doubt in UK Law.

Even if the balance of probabilities were applied in Civil Law, how would the PL gather such evidence which is outside of their jurisdiction anyway?

They've done this on a wing & a prayer, hoping even if their witch hunt fails, the reputational damage done to City will suffice.

but the problem with this analogy is that these multi billionaires have investment vehicles with such a broad range of investments and involvements either directly or indirectly in so many businesses that you could broadly say that most equity is disguised in some way, for example it would be fair to say that etihad and emirates cross over in alot of ways involving flight routes, buying of planes, parts for planes etc, so broadly speaking are we saying that our sponsors being involved also with emirates indirectly gives us some level of power over arsenal?
A very important point, & one that was raised by Ceferin, who said investment venture capitalist groups were of more concern, because anyone could be an investor, which won't show on their accounts or records.

Investment Co, is just that. Who invests in their funds is nowt to do with the PL. This is essentially what the PL are also accusing us of from my understanding, but under what law isn't HRH SM not allowed an investment portfolio?

There was no wrongdoing.

If there was any wrongdoing it wasn’t us.

If we did do any wrongdoing we didn’t know it was wrongdoing and we got all the big trophies right.

Tell him it’s 1 & he is a ****……

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.