PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I wonder if the brief that Masters was given prior to accepting the CEO role was that he needed to complete the investigation and bring charges against City. He accepted this brief while other candidates turned it down for these reasons. Wild speculation on my part, but I think he is simply doing what he has been told by the key stakeholders that appointed him. He accepted the poisoned chalice.
Not wild, but entirely possible.

The appointment was turned down by at least 2 successful applicants and another resigned after a short time, citing interference or similar.

The rags & dippers then demanded a veto on Masters and, following his recommendation for the post, met with him privately.

Given that those two clubs were leading PL & Uefa protagonists against City, it stretches credibility to believe that 'Get City' wasn't front and centre in their discussion and strategy.

Masters is a pasty faced,weak as piss, suited, consultant type, who has proven that he can't run a bath. He's been bought and paid for by the yanks and now finds himself out of his depth in deep shit facing Kool Hand and the best lawyers on the planet.

He won’t survive all this..... and neither will the cartel.

We’ve beaten them at football, beaten them structurally, beaten them financially and we’ll now beat them in the kangaroo court,before moving on to grind them under our heel.

History will demonstrate that disrespecting the integrity of HH Sheikh Mansour comes at a very high price to be paid over a very long time.

Took me a while to understand that but I think that is saying that Abu Dhabi wouldn't be looking to publicly list Etihad Airways if there was anything dodgy with their accounts? I just assumed they were already listed on a stock exchange somewhere.
Probably never entered their heads.

This non legal allegation hearing seems to be a purely UK thing that the rest of the world ignores.

Too simple
But how would this protect the cartel clubs from competition? I’m sure people are putting forward ideas in good faith that they think would protect clubs from financial mismanagement and stop them going bankrupt, but this really isn’t the point of FFP. Maybe it started off that way, but somehow along the way it became much more favourable to the big clubs. I wonder how that happened?

Not wild, but entirely possible.

The appointment was turned down by at least 2 successful applicants and another resigned after a short time, citing interference or similar.

The rags & dippers then demanded a veto on Masters and, following his recommendation for the post, met with him privately.

Given that those two clubs were leading PL & Uefa protagonists against City, it stretches credibility to believe that 'Get City' wasn't front and centre in their discussion and strategy.

Masters is a pasty faced,weak as piss, suited, consultant type, who has proven that he can't run a bath. He's been bought and paid for by the yanks and now finds himself out of his depth in deep shit facing Kool Hand and the best lawyers on the planet.

He won’t survive all this..... and neither will the cartel.

We’ve beaten them at football, beaten them structurally, beaten them financially and we’ll now beat them in the kangaroo court,before moving on to grind them under our heel.

History will demonstrate that disrespecting the integrity of HH Sheikh Mansour comes at a very high price to be paid over a very long time.
It is inconceivable that Masters did not discuss City with the LFC and MUFC Directors.

The rules for selecting the panel at CAS cases is documented on their website.
Each side picks one and the 3rd is agreed on by both.

City picked theirs as did uefa.
City suggested the 3rd and uefa agreed.

It's nonsense. How could the 3rd person be agreed on by the hundreds of cases CAS have every year unless one of the parties says what about this guy and the other agreeing?
Someone has to suggest a person first.

Not to mention they’re all picked from an independently approved list by CAS. The way some go on, it’s like we picked the Gallagher brothers to hear the case.

The Telegraph reporting that Mark Phillips KC, who represented UEFA in their case against us, is being lined up to lead the new Government independent regulator.

Hmmmm....that doesn't sound great in terms of his disposition towards the club. In fact it sounds fucking shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.