PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I guess the idea is if one team doesn't buy a new striker (as an example) to keep within psr and one breaks psr to buy a new striker that team have an advantage in squad size or quality and can better rotate or cover injuries. Thus have gained a competitive advantage by spending more.
But what if

A) said new striker turns out to be shit and hardly score

B) said striker gets injured after 2 games and doesn’t feature again

C) said striker gets a few red cards and misses loads of games through suspension

It’s not as simple as a+b=c.

Reactions: Bez
I guess the idea is if one team doesn't buy a new striker (as an example) to keep within psr and one breaks psr to buy a new striker that team have an advantage in squad size or quality and can better rotate or cover injuries. Thus have gained a competitive advantage by spending more
How can any club have a competitive advantage when there's teams in the league that spend more than them.

If Everton have a competitive advantage, so does City, Liverpool, rags, Arsenal etc.

Teams with a competitive advantage have been a thing for over a century.

I am serious. Everton are perfectly entitled to use the rules to defend themselves. But in doing so knew that one of the inevitable consequences if they then failed 22/23 (which they should have known was going to happen based on forecasts) was 2 hits in one season. So no idea why that is a weird take. The best lawyers have to look at both the legal side and the commercial and consequential impact - no point in being idealistic. Indeed, this has been one of my big criticisms of the PL's lawyers approach to City.

And to be clear, the 22/23 issues for Everton are both self inflicted and admitted with an expedited timetable voted for by the teams themselves.
How many points do you think Everton will be deducted for the second offence?

Because our password was “I8rags123”.
When I was in the army, I once worked for a rag who was the Yeoman of Signals of our unit, so we dealt with sensitive and classified stuff. He stupidly asked me to password protect some classified files, so of course, I used “CITYTILIDIE” CITYFORTHECUP” and others. He was less than impressed, especially as he couldn’t change them as I had set them, with only me having permission to change them!!

When I was in the army, I once worked for a rag who was the Yeoman of Signals of our unit, so we dealt with sensitive and classified stuff. He stupidly asked me to password protect some classified files, so of course, I used “CITYTILIDIE” CITYFORTHECUP” and others. He was less than impressed, especially as he couldn’t change them as I had set them, with only me having permission to change them!!
It's the little victories that matter just as much as the big ones :)

Thanks for that. I've just sold that information to the Russians and plan to by a villa in the sun

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.