PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Masters is an employee of the Premier League, which is owned by the 20 clubs in it.

However, with ManUre, the Dippers, ArseAnal & Spuds having power so heavily weighted in their favour, it's fair to say that Masters is merely the Cartel clubs' puppet.

They tell him to jump, he asks how high. They tell him to bend over, he asks dry or vaseline today. That's his job & if he doesn't like it, there are several arse-licking yes men waiting in the wings who're more than happy to replace him & take their orders from the Red Mafia & Spuds.

Exactly and Scudamore was no different. It’s always been down to the clubs. The difference potentially now is owners that actually want to invest may soon be the majority.

Try https://bluecitybrain.substack.com/p/manchester-citys-202223-finances for 10 years of figures (but not a commerical partner breakdown) from @BlueBrain (i think - not posted since sept 2023)
Still around mate. Here and twitter. I tend to read more than I write :)

I did do a breakdown of 2023 commercial income here @LeonardoDaVnci :

But its very hard to know how much commercial income each sponsor gives. Including Etihad. Its not public knowledge nor is the club required to release it anywhere. A lot of it is my estimates and what I deem to be good sources.

I was replying to a post which suggested there was no way Spurs had tons of money to spend.

They don't win anything, because they don't spend it.
PB, iirc, did an analysis a couple of years ago showing that Spurs spent less of their available funds on players than any other premier club.

That does not surprise me at all.

Despite a lack of success, they do generate lots of money, and their new stadium has pushed up their income even more. They were not far off Liverpool in their last accounts.

The difference is that they have always been very careful spenders, so it would not shock me if their wages + player amortisation is much lower than any other club that size.
How much of that spend possibility goes Glazer style?
Rightly or wrongly I have thought that City were almost alone in continual reinvestment into football.

PB, iirc, did an analysis a couple of years ago showing that Spurs spent less of their available funds on players than any other premier club.

They are over £800 million in debt, they made a £50 million loss in 2022, they made a £61 million loss in 2023. Probably why they took the money for Kane last summer to avoid failing psr. The interest rates going up will have hurt them however they do very well on match day income.

Not sure this is possible to do without knowing the contract length of players, salaries and which players were sold to make up the net spend given that transfer fees are not all equal for ffp purposes.
It isn’t.

Time after time people focus just on the statutory accounts which of course tell a picture but they don’t give enough detail to enable anyone without sight on the FFp or PSR submissions to make anything other than back of the fag packet type of calculations.

For instance in Chelsea 21/22 accounts a sum of £70+ million of the overall losses of £120 ish million was player impairment. The question then is which players was that in respect of and then was it a claimed loss either in full or part due to COVID? Or maybe even the forced nature of the sale as an exception just like in those accounts there was some £20 million provision to settle an historic legal matter ( pre dated RAs tenure).
You then have to question how the loss of income from suspended sponsorship deals or the lack of match day and or commercial

I am not for one second saying that in that 21/22 year will be granted concessions but what the Everton written reasons show us is that the PL didnt dismiss the notion of concessions following the Ukraine invasion in Everton case there simply wasn’t any clear evidence that contracts were in place.

As I say statutory accounts are one thing but none of us have a clue what the submissions to the football authorities are. After all who would think that Everton’s £320 million losses over the 18/19, 19/20+ 20/21 average and 21/22 would ever be reduced for PSR purposes down to £124 million

They are over £800 million in debt, they made a £50 million loss in 2022, they made a £61 million loss in 2023. Probably why they took the money for Kane last summer to avoid failing psr. The interest rates going up will have hurt them however they do very well on match day income.
All those clubs that don’t have ” soft loans ” will be massively impacted with the huge rise in borrowing costs.

One Australia bank charges about 4-5% above base and for the likes of Everton that owe that entity alone £150 million ( there are other loans they have on their books) it is estimated that to service t loans not obtained for infrastructure alone is costing them £25 -£30 million pa . Bearing in mind that their turnover is circa £180 million that is going to hurt.

I believe significant number of clubs have used lenders to advance cash flow Everton as I say, Bournemouth and Leicester to name just two more

Yes but the debt is all about the stadium and does not affect ffp. Are operating profits healthy.? Ebitda, that is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.